Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm trying to make a creature with liquid basalt blood. Am I doing it right?  (Read 863 times)

rougesteelproject

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So i'm making a new creature (basically a flame-attuned dwarf) and she fights too effectively to bleed, so I don't know if she actually does.

Is this portion of the raws done right? If not, what needs fixing?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: She does not bleed, blood or basalt. Please help if you can, I'm not sure what's wrong.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:15:10 pm by rougesteelproject »

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile

So i'm making a new creature (basically a flame-attuned dwarf) and she fights too effectively to bleed, so I don't know if she actually does.

Is this portion of the raws done right? If not, what needs fixing?

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BASALT:LIQUID]

Edit: She does not bleed, blood or basalt. Please help if you can, I'm not sure what's wrong.

This is the default for many creatures, with some colors added:
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
   [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]

What you want is simply:
[BLOOD:INORGANIC:BASALT:LIQUID]
You don't need to define the local creature mat if you aren't going to use it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

[BLOOD:INORGANIC:BASALT:LIQUID]Wouldnt liquid basalt be called magma and be very hot? as in "creature gets injured, then dies of the heat from its blood"?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From experiments with liquid gold it seems unless you make the blood hot, it just comes out liquid, and solidifies almost instantly
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

rougesteelproject

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thank you all for your help. It might also be a good thing to actualy put in [VASCULAR] once in a while. Oops ::)

rougesteelproject

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Wouldnt liquid basalt be called magma and be very hot? as in "creature gets injured, then dies of the heat from its blood"?
Not if the creature itself has a ridiculous body temp. You can set thing to be hot without melting, and it isn't far-fetched for DF because ice floodgates keep out magma.