Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Tales of Magic OOC Thread: Sign-ups, Discussion,etc.  (Read 16843 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Magic OOC Thread: Sign-ups, Discussion,etc.
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2013, 09:15:42 pm »

Question. As a rune magic user I can use all forms of magic, so my question is can I use any (Level appropriate) spell from the start, or do I have to learn all the specific different spells to use them in my runes?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:56:57 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2013, 12:21:25 pm »

Thanks Zero! I thought this was dead!. (Hopefully other players havent lost interest)
Anyways, is the Prometheus a reference to Stargate?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 12:30:03 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2013, 06:43:27 pm »

Thanks Zero! I thought this was dead!. (Hopefully other players havent lost interest)
Anyways, is the Prometheus a reference to Stargate?
No not exactly, though i've watched the show. It's one of the titans of the greek mythology, so i had plenty of choice.

Question. As a rune magic user I can use all forms of magic, so my question is can I use any (Level appropriate) spell from the start, or do I have to learn all the specific different spells to use them in my runes?

I will have to talk to you about that, since i'm one lazy son of a bitch and i havent made the sheets. But currently you have access to the basic elements, EG fire,Water,Earth,Wind,Electricity. To learn a new type of magic you have to absorb the essence of that magic, and this can wildly vary.
Durrr..

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2013, 03:27:02 pm »

Suggestion to Caellath:
Tell Darius about the Clash of Steel tourney. Since it seems he could pass as automaton, you could always do a little 创cheat``.
Wouldnt you only most probably win the prize (Whatever that is) but also would be a good way to meet the other characters.

To Mr. Zero: Have i transmuted the scroll yet, or can i transmute it onto materials/money to buy materials?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2013, 05:32:10 pm »

Suggestion to Caellath:
Tell Darius about the Clash of Steel tourney. Since it seems he could pass as automaton, you could always do a little 创cheat``.
Wouldnt you only most probably win the prize (Whatever that is) but also would be a good way to meet the other characters.

We actually already joined the tournament.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2013, 05:46:30 pm »

Suggestion to Caellath:

To Mr. Zero: Have i transmuted the scroll yet, or can i transmute it onto materials/money to buy materials?

Yes the scroll is transmuted into money, you've used a bit for the hotel.
Durrr..

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2013, 11:42:08 am »

Suggestion to Caellath:

We actually already joined the tournament.
True, i though your turn ended on the quote after Darius asked if you would be his(her/it?) lord.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2013, 02:28:24 pm »

Suggestion to Caellath:

Yes the scroll is transmuted into money, you've used a bit for the hotel.
Can you put an exact counter of money somewhere? (I may be idiot though and it can be right in front of me) Or do you prefer it to be something more abstract? That would be awkward since theres a whole magic based around it...

Edit: Weird. THis was supposed to be in the post above...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:26:34 pm by Sarzael »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2013, 02:32:13 pm »

I think it's meant to be abstract and not really a focus of the campaign.

I mean, my character is a movie star (sort of) but he's also in debt. He apparently has at least enough money for a glider...

You rent a glider with the last of your money

So who knows, right?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2013, 03:19:41 pm »

I think it's meant to be abstract and not really a focus of the campaign.

I mean, my character is a movie star (sort of) but he's also in debt. He apparently has at least enough money for a glider...

You rent a glider with the last of your money

So who knows, right?
Yes, but theres an whole magic about it, so its quite weird. I mean, 创This weapon goes from costing TO MUCH to costing ALMOST TO MUCH``

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2013, 08:53:03 am »

Money is currently abstract and not a real importance, there will be currency that you will obtain later. Introducing it in the early stages is just a burden to the players since they have to plan out their wealth instead of focusing on their actions.

@Sarzeal:"I'm kinda lost on your magic thingy. Do you mean the part where your scroll was transmuted into the gold?
Durrr..

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2013, 10:17:41 am »

Money is currently abstract and not a real importance, there will be currency that you will obtain later. Introducing it in the early stages is just a burden to the players since they have to plan out their wealth instead of focusing on their actions.

@Sarzeal:"I'm kinda lost on your magic thingy. Do you mean the part where your scroll was transmuted into the gold?

What? Money magic represents the use of anything related to money manipulation.
Traits:
Like cash
Know how to use trading opportunities
Weakness(es)
They need money to cast spells, if they have none they can be considered useless.
Strength(s)
Rising Power
Can influence the market with their magic

If money is abstract, what is the point of this type of magic? I guess introducing another kind of currency later on is fine, though.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2013, 10:58:05 am »

What? Money magic represents the use of anything related to money manipulation.
Traits:
Like cash
Know how to use trading opportunities
Weakness(es)
They need money to cast spells, if they have none they can be considered useless.
Strength(s)
Rising Power
Can influence the market with their magic

If money is abstract, what is the point of this type of magic? I guess introducing another kind of currency later on is fine, though.

Then i would've done it a tad different (Give you a set amount which exactly pays for your early needs! with a little more being given to the money mage to not make his magic useless.), but that doesn't matter since nobody took that type of magic.
Durrr..
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]