Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Q) Retreat Button!?  (Read 718 times)

Domicrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(Q) Retreat Button!?
« on: November 25, 2013, 01:45:07 pm »

Well... just had a very early ambush with no military to help so i tried to get all my dwarfs to go INSIDE the fort rather than chopping trees or shearing pigs or whatever they do but i couldnt get them to move. I made a burrow in the fort and put everyone in it but only like 1/4 of them went to it. Is there an easier way to get everyone to go inside?

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Re: (Q) Retreat Button!?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 01:49:32 pm »

Civilian Alert, it's exactly what you're asking for.

That doesn't mean your dwarves will GET there if they can see the enemy, however.  They're a bit moronic about which way they run.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 01:53:13 pm »

Yes there is.
First thing to do is to get all of your dwarfs out of the burrow you just made, otherwise you won't have any dwarfs go outside, which is also a bad thing.
After that, you have to press (m)ilitary, (a)lerts, (c)add alerts, then press the right arrow button, and select your burrow. when you want to activate the alert, press enter while highlighting the alert (probably Alert State 2). http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Alert#Alert_Levels

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 11:31:58 pm »

Civilian Alert, it's exactly what you're asking for.

That doesn't mean your dwarves will GET there if they can see the enemy, however.  They're a bit moronic about which way they run.

"Oh no, a goblin ambush. The only thing that can save me now is running in figure eights and screaming like an idiot!"
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured