Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: (LP)Soulsilver xtreme Ranlocke--The darkness menaces with spikes of fish  (Read 17225 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not a texture problem, it's a texture loading problem. It manifests as:

* Areas of the game don't load textures, just look black (or corrupted).

* Battles failing to load (trainers being stuck on the "trainer appeared" screen with the rotating pokeballs).

* Bottom-screen menus not having clickable buttons. This is the only one that's really serious, because it locks you out of the save menu.  :(

Reloading a real save fixes it. If you don't have battery saves, a texture issue is inevitable eventually, I'm afraid - whatever causes the issue is saved into the save state, though sometimes you can get around it by loading regions in a different order.

(Also, according to the wiki, the issue is known but low-priority.  :'( )

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

About the glitchy textures and freezing, I've had experience with these issues in an early test run, but on the actual copy of the LPed game, I haven't seen any issues. I assume that due to shorter periods of play time, the problems have less chance to show up. Remember kids, this is why you save constantly. Paranoid saving is a nifty tool.

Anyways, sorry for the huge jarring lack of updates, mid-life crisis popped up over the last months and things are just now getting back to a somewhat normal state of normality.

I'm leaning towards weekly updates at the least. No set update days, but generally expect something by Sunday at least. If I get the zone then I'll probably update several times a week, but the once-a-weekly thing will at least give me some breathing room and maybe let me want to play the game more, rather than stress out over yet another obligation I'm not fulfilling.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Post to watch.

Interestingly, I've found so far that a save once-per-transition, as in coming out of battles or going through the doors, has been enough to prevent error. A save a screen keeps the glitches away.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

Is this thread dead?

Also, where's a good place to pick up the ROMS and emulators to go with this? I need to get in on it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

The Internet.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: (LP)Soulsilver xtreme Ranlocke--The darkness menaces with spikes of fish
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2013, 10:11:45 pm »

Given that the last update was about eight months ago, yeah I think this is dead.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2013, 10:12:17 pm »

Is this thread dead?

Also, where's a good place to pick up the ROMS and emulators to go with this? I need to get in on it.

Pointing said places out is against board rules I'm afraid
It's FEF, not FEOF

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2013, 02:04:41 am »

That said this was pretty cool while it was still going, and it led me to discovering nuzlocke runs and their insanity. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]