Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Underground Sieges  (Read 964 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Underground Sieges
« on: November 20, 2013, 02:44:22 am »

Does anyone have a working example of a race that sends siege groups (as in "A vile force of darkness has arrived!" siege groups, not groups of wandering creatures) from the caverns?  I've found claims here and there that it's possible, but I've had absolutely zero luck getting my own attempt to show up.  I created a civilization, removed the biome tokens, gave them [LAYER_LINKED], [ITEM_THIEF], and [AMBUSHER].  The dump from legends mode shows them spawning properly, but after years of playing around in the caverns, I've not seen a single ambush or siege.

Spoiler: entity (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:46:40 am by narhiril »

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Underground Sieges
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 11:27:31 am »

For starters, try changing

Code: [Select]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:0]

to

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:1]

A value of 0 for progress triggers disables the behavior.

You can also add the SIEGER token, though I don't think it is necessary for vile forces of darkness, it just makes them camp out and force you to come to them.

The BABYSNATCHER token can be used to ensure that the civ is hostile.  Or you can modified the ethics of the Grum civ to be as opposed as possible to those of your player-controlled race to have constant and frequent wars.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:32:19 am by Wannabehero »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 03:00:53 pm »

For starters, try changing

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:0]

to

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:1]

A value of 0 for progress triggers disables the behavior.

You can also add the SIEGER token, though I don't think it is necessary for vile forces of darkness, it just makes them camp out and force you to come to them.

The BABYSNATCHER token can be used to ensure that the civ is hostile.  Or you can modified the ethics of the Grum civ to be as opposed as possible to those of your player-controlled race to have constant and frequent wars.

[ITEM_THIEF] should accomplish the same thing.  I'll give it a spin with revised progress triggers.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 04:15:59 pm »

I'm not sure if the current way underground civs work lets them count as nearby for fort interactions properly. The simple form that [LAYER_LINKED] civs take prevents them from attacking I think.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 12:14:02 pm »

Doesn't Masterwork have cavern sieges? I forget if antmen siege you or if it was just ambushes.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 04:01:03 pm »

ITEM_THIEF is not needed. I have 4 cavern races, they all siege. Some send hidden invasions, like elves, just underground... others can ambush or siege. I have never seen a thief or babysnatcher, but I guess it would work if you add the tokens.

I told you this some time ago, just copy the entity files from my mod. its Antmen, Gremlins, Troglodytes and Batmen, although their pathfinding is broken because they can fly. I have seen them siege in my own testforts, in reports and in succession forts, so it works. They will ignore the creature depths though, and randomly spawn in cavern 1-3. You cant limit it to only one depths, sadly...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 08:28:05 pm »

The BABYSNATCHER token can be used to ensure that the civ is hostile.

You should mention, even if they are the complete opposite of your ethics they will not be at war 100%, I've had two that were the opposite of dwarves and they were still only at war for single digit years out 100