Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nom Nom Galaxy (Previously Pixel Junk Inc.) - SOUP IN SPACE  (Read 3313 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nom Nom Galaxy (Previously Pixel Junk Inc.) - SOUP IN SPACE
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 01:52:19 pm »

The early game is rather rough until you unlock things and made a bit easier and more lively with more people, kinda like most 2d side scrolling exploration games. I've played side by side local multiplayer with a friend and we'd both played enough to bounce priorities and adventures by chatting. Online multiplayer over TeamSpeak or Skype seems like a must for some.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 06:54:59 pm »

I didn't mind it being rough really, I'm fine with a challenge and a bit of a grind. But carrying soup ingredients back one at a time isn't fun. Even in terraria where there is no automation at all you can carry more than one item. Couple that with the timer and competing company and I felt like any exploration time was time wasted in solo. Maybe if it goes on sale I'll rebuy and try it with a friend to see if that changes anything.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 07:39:12 pm »

It's fairly early that you unlock 2 ingredients carried.

Yiju level. No robots at all. No sword or shotgun. 100% in 4 days and I didn't strip mine everything. It was all sustainable. But damn do my fingers hurt.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 08:17:09 pm »

is there a way to reset soup makers? am i missing something?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 09:00:19 pm »

is there a way to reset soup makers? am i missing something?

You can only destroy them by holding tab.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 09:21:44 pm »

Sorry to necro this folks. I will feel double-guilty because the Steam sales just finished, and this was at an incredible price (3$, I think?)

If you're into Factorio, Terraria or even Oxygen Not Included, you should check this out. It plays best on a controller, and it's incredible for co-op (especially couch co-op!).
Even though there's a thread here, somehow I had never heard of this 2015 game. I finished it and I'm aiming on getting all the achievements - which I only do when I truly love a game.
Me and girlfriend burned through the game in about 4 days, with around 40 game hours. Soup was made, blast was had, definitely recommending it.

Again, sorry for not posting about it during the sale, in case anyone likes it...I was in too deep in soup those past few days.
Only sad thing is that the developers are weird, probably doing some mobile game at the moment..instead of bringing a sequel.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 [2]