Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rivercrossed: Just another DF  (Read 522 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Rivercrossed: Just another DF
« on: November 10, 2013, 08:33:52 pm »

This is my personal attempt at starting another pony, DF, RP fort. This fort has no connection with any of the old DF pone forts. I'm running a heavily modded version of pony mod (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80240.0). I tried to make it more true to the show's cannon, so currently there are no cave ponies, damondiasnfd3 (I can neither pronounce of spell this word) ponies, diamond dogs aren't the equivalent of kobolds and actually are a threat.

Without further ado, here is the backstory for this fort.
The three tribes have finally unified at the cost of their homeland. What’s left of the old homeland is slowly decaying and freezing into a nearly uninhabitable wasteland. The old option for the option left for the ponies is colonization, and relocation. New lands await. The leaders of each tribe tell stories of a land of promise and unfathomable resources nearly untouched by the the blight of the homeland. As promising as this new land is, the risks are obvious and everywhere. Monsters and great beasts still walk the land, and land is far from settled, yet this isn’t the only threat lurking in this new world.

Equestria has already been settled by other races, and the ponies only prove to disrupt the current balance of power. The gryphon’s have already started to raid settlements, and the diamond dogs are growing hostile as well. The buffalo are anxious of the settlement of ponies on their land. The only group the ponies have good relations with are the zebra, and even they are reluctant to assist the ponies. To make matters worse, there are those among the ranks of the ponies who would wish to revert to the old ways.

Many of the military elite and unicorn oligarchy want nothing more than to maintain the power they held when the tribes were separated, and the growing equality that was brought by the unification is only proving to force a wedge between those who wish to cling to power, and those whom want a world where all ponies are equal.

Regardless of these issues though, the colonization of equestria is continuing. The land is slowly being settled by more and more ponies. This where our story begins. Reports have came in about a canyon on the frontier carved out by a major river. The river is too deep to ford, and spans for miles on end. A colony is to be founded along it, with the hopes of eventually erecting a bridge, allowing the crossing of wagons over the river, and thus facilitating further colonization.   A group of seven were sent out to lay the groundwork for this colony. They were given enough rations to last about a year, and the required goods to etch out a settlement along the frontier. Their deep in diamond dog and gryphon territory, and if something were to go bad, it would take months before help reached the place.

In the words of great armok: “You have arrived. After a journey from the homeland into the forbidding wilderness beyond, your harsh trek finally ended. Your party of seven is to make an outpost for the glory of all of equestria. There are almost no supplies left, but with stout labor comes sustenance. Whether by bolt, plow or hook, provide for your ponies. You are expecting a caravan just before winter, but spring is now. Enough time to delve secure lodgings, ere the giant dingoes get hungry. A new chapter of equine history begins here at this place “rivercrossed”. Strike the earth!”

World map.

List of ponies, as well as their status (claimed/unclaimed)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RP rules and things to keep in mind

1:Claim a pony before posting in character as said pony.
2: You can stick to just posting diaries, but doing scenes would be appreciated.
3: Respect other people and dont do stuff with their pony without asking.
4: you can have the pony's name changed to fit the player's needs.
5: try to avoid contradicting the show's cannon .
6: if you or your character becomes disruptive I'll try to talk it out in PMs. If you don't comply, well... somepony had to test the drop-a-tron.
7: if your having problems with another player, please PM me, and I'll try to settle things.
8: use something like brackets if your talking out of character. example: ((like... yeah... who thought twi being an alicorn was a good idea?))
9: avatars for your ponies are allowed, but I ain't supplying them.
10: Your character doesn't have to have the same appearance as in the one in game.
11: Characters that aren't ponies (Aka, diamond dogs, gryphons.) are allowed, just talk to me first. Same goes for alicorns.
12: you can have more than 1 pony, just dont take like 14+ ponies.
13: if your pony dies, talk to me, and well try to sort things out.

For any questions, shoot me a PM and i'll try to answer as soon as possible.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms