Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Quest! Adventure mode idea  (Read 576 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
The Quest! Adventure mode idea
« on: November 10, 2013, 11:08:48 pm »

Hi guys, I just wanted to post this idea and see what kind of interest there was before putting the save and more detail up;
a while back I had a fort make a legendary candy battleaxe, worth 1.5 mil, needless to say I was very proud.
The dwarf it was assigned to didn't get much action for a while, eventually a forgotten beast emerged from the depths, can't remember a thing about it, I'll look it up if I expand this post, naturally i sent the axewielder down to fight it,
both the forgotten beast and the axedwarf (due to simultaneous drowning and strangulation once the beast's lungs were already hacked apart) died, and the axe fell into the water. attemps were immediately started to retreive it but the circus was unfortunately breached at that time, and the fort fell.
now; my idea, I post the save up and people race to retrieve the axe by the earliest in game date in adventure mode!
I realise the axe isnt particularly special, but it seems like a fun thing to try and do as the axe is very dear to most dwarves apparently as it appears in 90% of engravings, across multiple civilizations, and also the fort is swarming with clowns so it seems particularly challenging.
so, sound like a good idea?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness