Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: prospected mega project: ANGKOR WAT  (Read 2024 times)

Bihlbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: prospected mega project: ANGKOR WAT
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 03:32:02 am »

Seriously, at least try the embark you have planned to see if the game lets you do it at all. Just get the right number of layers and a flat area, embark as large as you are planning, and see if the computer will keep up. If it won't, now is the time to adjust your plans.

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 04:21:29 am »

It's looking playable.

• 16x14 embark
  • brook
  • one cavern
  • 17 z-levels
  • Phoebus' Graphic Set
= 110 FPS at start

World gen was giving me a hard time with [CAVERN_LAYER_COUNT:0], I probably have to mod dwarves to not be dependend on underground crops so I can get rid of the final cavern layer. And playing ASCII would be decisive, but I'm not sure I wanna do that. :-\

It's...so dwarfy...

Please periodically update on progress-if you succeed, you may just have achieved
                    the record of  biggest, most time consuming fortress ever!

I can't say useless, as it proves the viability of using DF to simulate reality, especially
  when Toady reaches 1.0. I wouldn't be surprised to see this being used by
Architects and engineers in the far-off future...

Please hold your praise, I haven't even started yet. Though I agree with you, the game enabling me to reenact the way of live of an old civilization, and its untertaking in building a mega project, emphasizes the abilities of DF.
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 02:57:07 am »

Still it would be interesting to follow you!
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 08:44:15 am »

Sieges could be a problem, with an above ground fortress you're not going to be able to channel the invaders until you build the moat and even then trolls and certain mounts won't have a problem with that.

However it should be impressive as hell and with a moat that size most aquatic mounts will drown their goblin riders by the time they cross
Pages: 1 [2]