Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Stalker – Community RPG Game  (Read 26633 times)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stalker – Community RPG Game
« Reply #195 on: November 04, 2013, 06:42:36 am »

TURN 03 - Corban

Smiles to himself as he heads back to the hotel. The shopkeeper caught on quick, but not quick enough.

"Maybe next time, lady" he whispers to himself, slipping the cream into the bag with his weapons.

Walk quickly back to the hotel, trying to keep stock of his surroundings can't be too careful, after all.

Corban is alert, but nonchalant as he walks along the cold, tired streets.  Passing Sapporo station he sees a policeofficer, a young man, standing outside his policebox keeping an eye on travellers coming to and from the terminal.  He pays an extra moments attention to the Scot with his black shoulder slung bag, but as Corban walks past the station the officer attends to other people.

Upon reaching the hotel, returns to his room via the stairs, takes a quick shower. Props a chair up against his room door, sets an alarm for 5.30 and sleeps with the pistol under his pillow, taking extra care to make sure the safety is on.

Corban allows himself to relax a little in the shower, and contemplates that the end of this day really felt like any other day, and he could easily be in a shower anywhere else in the world.  But instead it is a prelude to tomorrow, when he will enter the Japan Zone.  He hopes he has made the necessary preparations.  Taking precautions against intruders, Corban feels safe..ish.  He has been meticulous in considering eventualities, and this brings him a rational kind of emotional security, similar to a faith.  He sleeps well.

edit - 2/5 home!  I've gotta force myself to keep this going.  Can't abandon this until everyone has met a grisly end.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:01:53 am by hermes »
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2013, 06:59:55 am »

TURN 03 - Marcus

Marcus picks up the medic's kit, and looks it over it the hope that he'll figure out what's inside it.

Marcus picks up the box, it's plastic, the size of a briefcase with a molded handle.  He finds a nice picture on the back that displays the contents.  He reckons that with this kit he would be able to deal with almost any standard non-lethal injuries, and even stabilize more serious things like gunshots.  Though hospital treatment would still be desired in such cases.  Notably though, from a surgeon's perspective, it is glaringly lacking a scalpel and needle and thread and anaesthetic (he recalls he has antiseptics in his bag).  Taking a quick walk through the store though, Marcus finds analogues for those items in razor blades and sewing kits and alcohol wash (probably drinkable).  Not the best for him, and certainly not for the patient, but beggers can't be choosers, and incapacitated patients can't even beg so they certainly can't choose.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 04, 2013, 12:22:32 pm »

gotta force myself to keep this going.  Can't abandon this until everyone has met a grisly end.

I don't mean to be a downer, but if you're having to "force yourself" to continue, maybe it would be better if we stopped now?

I would be happy to continue, but personally I've concluded twice now that the game was dead, and have been surprised to see turns updating again. I suspect that other players have thought the same. Games are supposed to be fun for participants, and you the GM are also a participant.

I like Alexei. I think I'd rather see the game abandoned and think of him as living happily ever after than to "force" the game to continue to a grisly end, as you put it, simply for the sake of a sense of completion.

Perhaps it would be better if we allowed the game to end gracefully rather than forcing ourselves to go on only to have an unhappy ending?

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 04, 2013, 06:55:39 pm »

Yeah... I was half thinking that... Thanks for bringing it up, LB   :)  It's difficult really, the way I see it, the major advantage of a forum game is precisely that we can continue it sporadically - which I would be fine with.  But then again, the major drawback has been I feel that without finishing in a timely manner it does become a bit of a drag - for myself and players too I suspect.  Which is a shame.  I want to play, but the problem is if I don't keep up, for whatever reason, I feel guilty for letting everyone down.   :(

I agree with your assessment LB, so...

I'll call it a wrap here.

I totally made a mistake not starting with the action.  Sorry about that, guys.  I learnt a lot, and would love to try to improve but the medium is tricky.  Live action is probably the best way to go.  Thanks for participating, everyone!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]