Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to tell animals of the same type apart for slaughter?  (Read 632 times)

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to tell animals of the same type apart for slaughter?
« on: November 03, 2013, 06:21:04 pm »

I've got 2 rams, I only need one male so the other is food.  One is skinny and sickly, the other is robust and strong, but there seems to be no way to tell them apart in the z animals screen and there is no way to get to their description.  How can I make sure I'm slaughtering the right one!?  I can't even zoom from the z screen.  As a UX designer by trade this interface represents the unholy hell of all ui design.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to tell animals of the same type apart for slaughter?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 06:25:48 pm »

You can use DT to help out here, though I don't think it matters that much which one you slaughter.

What you can do is give one of them a nickname (you should be able to do that on DT), that way you know which one is which.

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 08:01:38 pm »

You can set them for slaughter outside of the animal menu as well. Been a while since I played, but I think it's v, then u, then s? Or something similar to that anyway. It's the same way you target a dwarf manually from the screen to set labors or military assignments without entering the menus anyway, ish. *making no sense at all most likely*

space lungs

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [PENETRATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 10:30:35 pm »

This is what I do. Look at 'em with v, then hit p. Hit z to see them- oh, it's that one. Hit s to ready for slaughter.

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 12:35:33 am »

Perfect, thanks.