Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HFS + Duplicated raws. [Spoiler]  (Read 1322 times)

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
HFS + Duplicated raws. [Spoiler]
« on: October 30, 2013, 09:16:22 pm »

We all know how crazy duplicated raws are, but I wonder, what would happen to the HFS?
So heres a challenge for you. Duplicate a few raws, then breach the HFS and record your findings.
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

ZubatZubatZubat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HFS + Duplicated raws. [Spoiler]
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 09:35:42 pm »

How do I duplicate raws?

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 09:41:10 pm »

How do I duplicate raws?

Copy any individual raw entry, I believe, and it will displace all sorts of stuff. Even just one makes a complete madhouse.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 04:04:18 am »

Does anybody have a clue why duplicated RAWs make the game go bananas? It seems like there'd just be two distinct instances of the same race present in the game. I'm not that good of a programmer though, and definitely not on Toady's level.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 05:19:24 am »

HFS are randomly generated. You wouldn't see much weird things except for fucked up body materials.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 05:29:13 am »

HFS are randomly generated. You wouldn't see much weird things except for fucked up body materials.
Why bother duping the raws? Just play masterwork mod, disable the pre made demons and make loads of random ones and due to the huge amount of nonsensical organics in the mod the hfs becomes harmless. Anyone fancy a !!dwarf making an announcement demon!! Anyone?
If you do dupe the raws you'll find alot of plant/tree demons made from plant material. It's not that exciting, if the game doesn't just crash that is

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 11:19:17 pm »

Interestingly, the raws you dupe alter what result you get. To be entirely honest though I don't know how likely you are to get all the way to to the demons without exploding vermin or something take you out, or you just growing frustrated with the pointlessly insane venture.

Does anybody have a clue why duplicated RAWs make the game go bananas? It seems like there'd just be two distinct instances of the same race present in the game. I'm not that good of a programmer though, and definitely not on Toady's level.
I believe, and don't quote me on this, that the game doesn't really read it as distinct. It reads off everything and assigns everything it's place, and when it gets to the dupe it "pushes" over one of them to wherever the one after it was going to be assigned, and so on.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 07:27:59 am »

I believe, and don't quote me on this, that the game doesn't really read it as distinct. It reads off everything and assigns everything it's place, and when it gets to the dupe it "pushes" over one of them to wherever the one after it was going to be assigned, and so on.
Exactly. Say you've a list like this; fungiwood, spore tree, tunnel tube, alder, maple
And you then dupe fungiwood, the second fungiwood takes the place of the spore tree, and spore takes place of tunnel tube etc... however I'm not sure which order the game reads the files themselves (I think it reads creature files first) and then it scrambles them too somehow. I'm not all that sure myself, but I figure that's what this is. There's definitely order to the madness that is duped raws.