Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Newb Rage!  (Read 3492 times)

ITHEURIST

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Newb Rage!
« on: October 09, 2013, 08:18:37 pm »

Ok I havent played this game awhile...I know you all noticed i was gone  :P hehe ok....

Is it possible to set a seige on another civs city/colony/or whatever/thingy? Is ther a mod for this if you cant in vanilla DF?

Ok dokey thanks guys...May the Fun be with you....PEACE AND HARMONEY

WoobMonkey- I hereby swear to uphold the true spirit of Dwarven Nobility: bitching, demanding, and being distracted by kittens, doors, and well-made cage traps.

whatever1works

• Bay Watcher
  • *Flips table*
    • View Profile
Re: Newb Rage!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 08:52:06 pm »

Well not for this version of vanilla, although i think they will eventually implement this (but not in the upcoming release). As for mods; no freaking idea
"Do you want some fish balls?", "No thanks I'll have a steak please"

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:37:42 pm »

I BELIEVE masterwork lets you send out raiding parties which is at least close, and of course if it's vengeance you want you could always wipe out the offending siege with an adventurer.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 07:21:12 am »

I BELIEVE masterwork lets you send out raiding parties which is at least close, and of course if it's vengeance you want you could always wipe out the offending siege with an adventurer.
I want to state for the record though that the raiding outpost thing are just workshops if I remember correctly, so they're just placebos.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ITHEURIST

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 04:32:57 pm »

Ok thanks guys
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:31:15 pm by ITHEURIST »
WoobMonkey- I hereby swear to uphold the true spirit of Dwarven Nobility: bitching, demanding, and being distracted by kittens, doors, and well-made cage traps.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 07:14:22 pm »

I want to state for the record though that the raiding outpost thing are just workshops if I remember correctly, so they're just placebos.
Correct, the sieging is just simulated. The mod has a real embassy for inviting caravans, diplomats and sieges though...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 08:00:07 pm »

1: wait for next version.

2: Set fort, retire it.

3: Start Adv. mode, recruit your former soldiers as companions.

4: Raid Goblin towers.

Thats the closest thing to an actual siege you can have for now.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 02:48:58 pm »

Yeah, in vanilla, all you can really do is go "Oooh, you... You" *shakes fist* "don't come back! I mean it! Or you'll get it!"

ITHEURIST

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 08:31:13 am »

Yeah, in vanilla, all you can really do is go "Oooh, you... You" *shakes fist* "don't come back! I mean it! Or you'll get it!"
Hahaha

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 01:00:48 pm »

Knowing what some people set up for the sieges in a purely defensive game, I get the feeling the only reason the world outside the fort continues to exist is because we're not allowed to leave the 4 acre area set for us...

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 09:41:13 am »

If we were allowed to leave, the world would be conquered and all would hail the Dwarf Lords.

Next release will add ways to interact with the outside world beyond just trading and treaties.

I'm guessing you'll be able to ship your soldiers out for the glory of the Mountainhome and await the return of the survivors. You, yourself, still won't be able to leave the embark site.