Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: POKÉMON FUSION!  (Read 64495 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: POKÉMON FUSION! - 1/3 of the way! Advance Sign-Ups Now Open!
« Reply #315 on: October 24, 2013, 03:40:03 pm »

Hearing the analogous victory sound of the pokeball shutting, Kyra turned towards the significant other which had aided her-on the note of the other pokemon intervening without any prior sound or notice. Nine stood at her side with a knowing look.

"I know that expression," she said, half to herself and half to Nine; she knew that look anywhere, from a more challenging background. "No sudden moves until-"
"We both know what has to happen."

"Knew it."
Nine tapped on her belt, prodding the pouch which kept the others.
"Good choice. I don't think we'll win versus Ground types.

"Magnera! Rhynite! Spearoran! Come forth!"

Trainer battle!

Spoiler: Kyra Pyre (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 24, 2013, 05:40:13 pm »

((I won't be stealing a poke fusion from you should I win, by the way.

To clarify, are you using Ninenine or Nidogong?))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 25, 2013, 05:43:39 am »

((I won't be stealing a poke fusion from you should I win, by the way.

To clarify, are you using Ninenine or Nidogong?))
((Nine is my active buddy buddy :D
Ninenine.

But then I chose the reserves, because..it seems you're using 3 pokemon too.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 25, 2013, 06:28:03 am »

Return to the bank. Defuse Parater and Goldsaur.
Bank Venusaur, Parasect, and Haunter.
Fuse Gyarados and Charmander into Chardos.

Search for Grass-type Pokemon.
Psychic Marvin banks Venusaur, Parasect and Haunter for three points. No more points can be gained for banking these pokémon. Then he merges himself a hideous new Chardos...

Spoiler: Chardos (click to show/hide)

Then he heads out looking for some grass (rolled 6 +1 easy location=7) and lo and behold: in the shrubbery is a wild EXEGGRAS!

"That possibly crazy guy was right! And my notes led me right to it!
Squirtata! Get in there and attack the dotly! Trap it in your Bubbles. Then I can get it with a pokeball.
That Genster is going to be a problem, though. Seeorb! You'll leap into that opening and use Take Down on it's middle. Maybe it won't be as intangible as it looks."

Paying attention to his notepad, and reaching into his pockets for some pokeballs, Lab Assistant Douglas stabs himself on a pencil. "Yeowp!" He drops his notepad and uses his other hand to push the pencil aside while he grabbed his pokeballs.
Lab Assistant Douglas sends his pokéfusions into the fray. First up, Squirtata sends a burst of bubbles towards Dotly!

[ROLLED 3 (x1 +1 cool)= 4]

The Dotly opens his wicked maw and sucks in the bubbles, triumphantly. Unfortunately, the pokéwater has a corrosive effect on its spectral form and soon there is nothing left of the bird-ghost but a damp purple puddle. Meanwhile, Lab Assistant Douglas lobs the rotund Seeorb right at the basket of the Genster.

[ROLLED 3 (x0.5 +1 cool)= 3] It's not very effective.

The Genster rolls away, and keeps rolling until it's out of sight behind the graves!

+1 happiness to Squirtata!

A Note On Masterballs
If you have a masterball and wish to use it, throw it at the beginning of a fight.

EXPLORER KALSON vs. KYRA PYRE

Kalson locks gazes with his fellow Trainer, hands at his side, but fingers slightly bent, ready for action. As they stare at one another, his hand slides to his belt, onto a pokeball. "We both know what has to happen."

His hand rests on the string his pokeballs are attached to. At an imperceptible altering of the mood, he suddenly lets them fly, sending all his Pokefusions out to face Kyra Pyre.

Old vs. New.
Experience vs. Vigor.
Trainer vs. Trainer.
Hearing the analogous victory sound of the pokeball shutting, Kyra turned towards the significant other which had aided her-on the note of the other pokemon intervening without any prior sound or notice. Nine stood at her side with a knowing look.

"I know that expression," she said, half to herself and half to Nine; she knew that look anywhere, from a more challenging background. "No sudden moves until-"
"We both know what has to happen."

"Knew it."
Nine tapped on her belt, prodding the pouch which kept the others.
"Good choice. I don't think we'll win versus Ground types.

"Magnera! Rhynite! Spearoran! Come forth!"

Two trainers stare off at each other across the rocky foothills. Explorer Kalsom narrows his eyes at Kyra Pyre: here before him was one of the greatest trainers on Honoku iskand. Could he beat the best? With a rallying cry he sends out all his pokéfusions!

SANDPOKE! ZUTLY! PARAROW! RHYIX!

Kyra Pyre looks at the young upstart. Can she handle this? Ninenine steps forth and picks his allies.

NINENINE! MAGNERA! RHYNITE! SPEARORAN!

Each trainer, please pick which pokéfusion each of yours will attack or defend against (these don't have to be the same pairings that the other chooses). Remember, it's your overall success that counts. See the previous trainer fight if you're unsure how it'll work.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 25, 2013, 09:46:50 am »

Explorer Kalsom narrows his eyes at Kyra Pyre: here before him was one of the greatest trainers on Honoku iskand.
((Obviously, we know who the best is. Numbers don't lie, pals!))

"Hm. This is...sub-optimal for my intent. Ah well. Alunite, go. Get the pothead to stand by that big lightning rod and then use a little electrokinesis for a shocking conclusion."
Use my own psychic powers to aid the electrokinesis. Which is, incidentally, a valid psychic power, especially with draconic magic backing it up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 25, 2013, 11:32:26 am »

Bulbasaur:  Whip and throw Volto at the Dugdos to attempt to knock out both.
Flareon:  Kick a pipe at the Dugdos and Volto, after the Volto is thrown.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 25, 2013, 11:56:28 am »

((Hindsight is 20/20, but I wanted to let you know that Nidogong probably would've been a better pick over Spearoran. Of course, he would have been an even better choice over Ninenine, but role-playing is role-playing and I will not fault you for it. I'm sick today. :())
Kalson lets his eyes wander over the area, taking in the scenery and options available to him. Then he smiles. It is not a joyful smile, but a smug one, almost, but not quite, malevolent. He stands up straighter, and calls his pokemon into a huddle. As they circle, he puts his hands on Sandpoke's head and Pararow's neck, scratching idly. Pararow made little clicking sounds in pleasure, and Sandpoke just rubbed himself into his trainer's hand. Rhyix made a wall around the group, preventing their plans from being seen or heard, whilst Zutly hovered above, gaseous body shielding from any aerial observation.

"Alright boys. And girls, Zutly, don't think I'm leaving you out. Time to win this. Sandpoke, your task is to take out Spearoran. The ground here is hard, but I know you can find a way through the crevices; get behind it and spring up from below! If you soak the ground and get it soft, you can drag it into the mud; don't let it get away or it'll compete with Pararow and Zutly for aerial superiority. Speaking of which, Pararow, use your hallucinogenic spores on Magnera; wide spread from up high, near the clouds. Let's see if we can trick it into attacking Rhynite. Zutly, you're to attack Rhynite as well; try and foul up any attempts it makes to fly, and let your toxic gases leech into it's skin; always remember to cover the face! But don't kill it; I doubt the lady there would be pleased. Rhyix, you have the easiest job of all. I know you can burrow through stone, unlike Sandpoke - sorry bud but it's true - so you're to make a cavern, and collapse the ceiling so that her Ninenine falls in. Once she's in, you can wrap your body around it and squeeze until it yields."

tl;dr:
Sandpoke attacks Spearoran(2x)
Pararow attacks Magnera(2x)
Zutly attacks Rhynite(1x)
Rhyix attacks Ninenine(4x(!))

The pokefusions each nodded their assent in turn, and Kalson stood up. "Good. You all know what to do. Now let's go!" The last few words were a shout, as the pokefusions each went where they must, above and below; Rhyix began delving into the earth, leaving a tunnel that Sandpoke dove into to look for cracks in the stone to follow and widen, whilst Zutly 'clung' to Pararow, using the larger, faster pokefusion to give him a boost; it's not like Zutly's weight was any burden, after all. And then Kalson was alone, staring at Kyra Pyre and her 'fusions with a calm, confident face, arms crossed. "Good luck!" he called out. Less striking, in a conversational tone, he added: "You'll need it..."

((Can we defend? It seems like they'd be forced to attack that mon, or it'd fail if they chose not to. Also, what I find interesting and/or funny;our pokes will likely be attacking each other in pairs; Rhynite gets super-effective against Zutly, Magnera gets super-effective hits on both Sandpoke and Pararow(but you should go with Pararow for the heck of it. :p), Spearoran gets neutral coverage(because Rhyix resists and Zutly is immune) on Sandpoke and Pararow, while Ninenine is left to flail against Rhyix(sorry, but she's kinda screwed, if you want to get the best total multipliers. Although she does get neutral coverage against Zutly and Pararow). This assumes you have to attack, however, since from what I know of trainer fights that's the case. If you can defend, it's a lot easier, since Ninenine could defend against Pararow, Rhynite could defend against Rhyix or Sandpoke, Spearoran against Zutly, and Magnera doesn't defend in this scenario. Psychic; great and yet terrible for defense.))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:05:39 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 25, 2013, 12:46:50 pm »

As I said in my last post, you can defend (though the normal penalty still applies). Think of it like baiting the other 'mon into attacking you first. The other 'mon still gets to attack (or defend against) whatever opponent they like. It'll be up to me to make the description make sense of the battle.

Bulbasaur: Whip and throw Volto at the Dugdos to attempt to knock out both.
Flareon: Kick a pipe at the Dugdos and Volto, after the Volto is thrown.

Altus Wasser deliberates for a moment before sending forth Bulbasaur to whip the scrappy scrapheap dwelling Volto...

[ROLLED 5 (x4 x0.5 +1 cool)= 11!] It's super effective!

Bulbasaur brutally slams Volto into his ally Dugdos, while at the same time Flareon picks up a nearby pipe and, with it aflame, starts beating Dugdos...

[ROLLED 3 (x1 +1)= 4]

The results are impressive, but not particularly effective at leaving much of a Pokéfusion left over to catch.

+1 happiness to Bulbasaur, Volto and Flareon. Congratulations! Altus Wasser caught a Volto!

(Interpreting this the most sensible way I can. Remember, modifiers are only ever calculated as one pokémon vs. one other pokémon.)

Posting from phone, so full update on Volto and current happiness is pending.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 25, 2013, 12:50:16 pm »

((I'm guessing, since Pokemon can't gang up, that I can't both defend against and attack an enemy Pokefusion? Also, how do immunities work in that situation? For that matter, since I thought it was supposed to be the totaled attack result/rolls, how is it added up?)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 25, 2013, 01:08:29 pm »

(You can't gang up, as you say. Actually, the more I think about it, the less defending makes sense in this context (as usually defending rolls are inverted for their effects, but here we want precise numbers to compare. Hmm... I'll ponder this over my busy weekend ahead. What do you all reckon makes most sense?)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 25, 2013, 01:30:32 pm »

I'm thinking multiply the number by the inverse of the effectiveness and subtract that from the total of the person attacking. Or add it your own. So, if, say, Hitmontops(Hitmonlee+Kabutops) defended against Moltkhan(Moltres+Kangaskhan);

[ROLLED 3 (x4 x2 -1 going first)= 23!] It's not very effective...

Whereas, if Moltkhan defended against Hitmontops, using it's flame to make a searing shield around itself, and hiding in the ashes, to trick Hitmontops into slicing just hot air...

[ROLLED 3 (x0.5 -1 going first, +1 cool)= 2] It's super effective!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 26, 2013, 12:20:52 am »

"That worked less well then I thought it would. We'll just have to try for another catch."

Lab Assistant Douglas retrieves his notepad and goes looking for another encounter, heading towards any place where pokemon with an aversion to water, such as fire pokemon might hang out.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 27, 2013, 12:41:46 pm »

((Ehh? Ninenine is female O_o
Ahh..well?))

Explorer Kalsom narrows his eyes at Kyra Pyre: here before him was one of the greatest trainers on Honoku iskand.
((Obviously, we know who the best is. Numbers don't lie, pals!))
[Oh yes. I blame NQT and his activity schedules >_<
Why NQT, Why.]
((Hindsight is 20/20, but I wanted to let you know that Nidogong probably would've been a better pick over Spearoran. Of course, he would have been an even better choice over Ninenine, but role-playing is role-playing and I will not fault you for it. I'm sick today. :())
[I missed half of my life not playing pokemon so :I]

"Fusions fusions fusions-"
Kyra stopped thinking aloud when Nine brushed past her side, staring onwards at the incoming pokemon. She needed to issue orders out-and fast.
"First type is offense, second is defense. Alright, got it."

Ok, so..we're using Gen I rules. Oh gods I'm doomed

...*editedit posting from work had who I'm attacking before Role announced his and will go with that*

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 27, 2013, 09:46:17 pm »

Keep searching for the Jolteon fusion.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]