Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hospital steals cloth from Elves!?  (Read 465 times)

Mythalinear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hospital steals cloth from Elves!?
« on: October 18, 2013, 03:39:41 pm »

I have an early hospital set up with 2 chests that were full of cloth (5000/5000 or whatever the 'full' value is). Then the Elves came to trade at my Depot. I told my dwarves to bring the crates of crafts and woolen socks they had been preparing and then something really strange happened...

My dwarves came streaming out of the fortress and swarmed the caravan, grabbed cloth, and then pranced giddily down to the hospital and crammed all of the fiber cloth into the chest so that it held 117000/5000 cloth [I don't remember the exact number but it was a ridiculous amount over the max].

I was afraid this behavior would anger the Elves but they didn't seem to notice when I traded with them.

After they left I tried to get the cloth out of the chest and into my stockpile. I undesignated the hospital but that didn't work. I removed the chest and cloth exploded all over the floor, but the dwarves wouldn't touch it. I set it to forbidden and then reclaimed it. Still nothing. Finally I told them to dump the cloth, which they did, and then removed the dump designation and they finally moved it to the stockpile.

So I'm not sure what on earth happened there or how to reproduce it, but I did get a lot of free cloth somehow. Anyone have any idea how this happened?

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hospital steals cloth from Elves!?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 03:48:55 pm »

Known bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=66

Hospitals are a bit ...overzealous about acquiring cloth. You don't really get that cloth for free, they won't bill you for it in the trade screen but it's still counted as import and compared to your exports. If you don't give them extra items to compensate, the elven civ will rightly assume the traders got ripped off and there'll be consequences.

The worst consequences would be less wares with the next caravan. I'm sure you'll be devastated to be offered fewer birchen puzzleboxes.

Mythalinear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hospital steals cloth from Elves!?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 03:58:31 pm »

Cool, thanks for the info!