Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A New Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man in the World"  (Read 1451 times)

Obsi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A New Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man in the World"
« on: October 07, 2013, 08:44:48 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Interesting_Man_in_the_World

You've seen him all over the internet.  He doesn't always ___ but when he does he prefers to ___ !

I think it would be amusing for The Most Interesting Man in the World to retire.  Preferably in some grand way like from onboard one of the first Virgin Galactic passenger spaceships in a huge worldwide advertising campaign doing something unbelievable.  If and when he eventually does leave this world though, who do you think we could come up with to take over his title?

Another actor perhaps? Or is there anyone you've seen out there truly deserving the title "The Most Interesting Man in the World"

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: A New Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man in the World"
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 11:42:21 am »

Some say his breath smells of magnesium, and that he is frightened of chickens... all we know is... He's called The Stig!

There is no other option.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 02:17:51 pm »

Oh boy, a beer commercial.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 08:07:39 pm »

"I don't always watch beer commercials, but when I do, they feature The Most Interesting Man in the World".
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 08:09:50 pm »

I don't always use memes, but when I do, they are references to beer ads.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 09:48:45 pm »

I don't always lose, but when I do, I have Fun.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 09:56:01 pm »

Some say his breath smells of magnesium, and that he is frightened of chickens... all we know is... He's called The Stig!

There is no other option.

The Stig shall be his successor.

Also, I don't always post in threads like this, but when I do, I prefer the Most Interesting Man in the World

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 11:09:14 pm »

Although I think the Stig is great, he doesn't qualify. It's the most interesting man in the world. Not the most interesting humanoid creature in the world.

Clarkson however. Not only could he be the one to leave the biggest pauses in sentences, but he could be the most interesting man... ... ... in the world.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 12:54:45 am »

Yeah, boring. Let's talk about insurance commercials instead.

Who do you think would win in a fight, the duck or the gecko? The duck has the size advantage but the gecko seems smarter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 01:25:52 pm »

I refuse to even acknowledge commercials anymore.  I pretend they don't exist and that the TV is just blank between shows.  They're selling me something, and fuck that.
Shoes...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 03:35:59 pm »

But haven't you seen the funny one with the duck? Your life is not complete until you've seen the funny one with the duck. Buy insurance!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 04:02:17 pm »

Probably my least favorite commercials are the ones that try to make fun of commercials.  Like this.  It's clever, and it's cute, but do you think I forgot that you're the one making the commercials you're poking fun at?  Don't fuck with me, Kotex.

Also all the Domino's commercials lately.  Like the one where they kidnap a focus group to prove that Domino's ingredients are grown on a farm and not summoned by dark pizza wizards, much to the pleasant surprise of the World's Stupidest Focus Group, who I guess thought they were eating cenobite torture disks or something.

And the new ones, where the CEO just brutally ruins his franchise-owner's life by forcing him to sell torture disks for twice their real value as pegged to the price of gold.

Domino's thinks I'm really fucking stupid.

I hate commercials
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:39:51 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 08:00:43 pm »

It really is amazing how much progress has been made in the field of self-propagating ads. Should only be a generation or two until they start becoming  memetic infohazards.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 12:57:49 am »

People are taking the piss out of you everyday. They butt into your life, take a cheap shot at you and then disappear. They leer at you from tall buildings and make you feel small. They make flippant comments from buses that imply you’re not sexy enough and that all the fun is happening somewhere else. They are on TV making your girlfriend feel inadequate. They have access to the most sophisticated technology the world has ever seen and they bully you with it. They are The Advertisers and they are laughing at you.

You, however, are forbidden to touch them. Trademarks, intellectual property rights and copyright law mean advertisers can say what they like wherever they like with total impunity.

Fuck that. Any advert in a public space that gives you no choice whether you see it or not is yours. It’s yours to take, re-arrange and re-use. You can do whatever you like with it. Asking for permission is like asking to keep a rock someone just threw at your head.

You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don’t owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don’t even start asking for theirs.

- Banksy
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.