Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: is toady ok?  (Read 1798 times)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
is toady ok?
« on: October 11, 2013, 04:22:48 pm »

I see a blog post about hospital trips. anyone know if he is ok or if this is serious? hope im not being too nosy.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: is toady ok?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 04:30:23 pm »

I see a blog post about hospital trips. anyone know if he is ok or if this is serious? hope im not being too nosy.

(this is a bit more for the general DF discussion, but ok)

Yea, I hope it's nothing serious either, and we only know what's been said in the blog post.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 08:00:02 pm »

i read an interview that he had where he mentioned not having medical insurance is a big concern for him so he wondered if he would have to go get a job that gave medical insurance.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 09:47:39 am »

and getting medical insurance means you have to undergo some medical check-ups. That would make sense, I suppose
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 01:51:09 pm »

i read an interview that he had where he mentioned not having medical insurance is a big concern for him so he wondered if he would have to go get a job that gave medical insurance.
Hopefully Toady can more easily get some now.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 08:02:41 pm »

I wouldn't be so sure. The whole reason the government is currently closed down and unfunded? The Tea Party (radical subset of Republicans) is vehemently opposed to allocating any federal funds whatsoever to any aspect of the ACA, essentially trying to pass judicial review from congress (which is no bueno).

So without getting into a big politics thing, I don't know how useful the ACA will be in actually getting Toady some help.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 08:20:31 pm »

I wouldn't be so sure. The whole reason the government is currently closed down and unfunded? The Tea Party (radical subset of Republicans) is vehemently opposed to allocating any federal funds whatsoever to any aspect of the ACA, essentially trying to pass judicial review from congress (which is no bueno).

The reason the government is shut down is because neither side can agree on how to handle the crushingly high national debt.  Its out of hand, spinning out of control and the republicans said enough is enough were not raising the debt limit any higher till something is done to curb it.  ACA only ties in because its one more expensive entitlement program, its only one more on top of a pile of problems that lead to the shutdown not the primary reason.

And lets not even get into the misnomer that is the ACA... affordable my ass.   My family premiums have doubled since that thing was signed.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 12:33:25 pm »

The reason the government is shut down is because neither side can agree on how to handle the crushingly high national debt.  Its out of hand, spinning out of control and the republicans said enough is enough were not raising the debt limit any higher till something is done to curb it.  ACA only ties in because its one more expensive entitlement program, its only one more on top of a pile of problems that lead to the shutdown not the primary reason.

And lets not even get into the misnomer that is the ACA... affordable my ass.   My family premiums have doubled since that thing was signed.

The ACA is an essential program and is being funded despite the shutdown; the shutdown has nothing to do with reducing the deficit. Threatening the US's credit rating only can only make the national debt worse.

My premiums went down by $1200 a month. Everyone that I know who could not afford insurance can afford it now, whether via the pre-existing conditions clause or through subsidies.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 01:43:50 pm »

Look, ADA isn't perfect, but it's a step in the right direction. What the GOP should be doing is trying to negotiate how they should amend it, not shut it down entirely, but noooo, they don't want to compromise, which is what got us in this situation in the first place! That and not having passed a budget for years.

Seriously, if they are unable to negotiate and compromise, I don't see how they could possibly get a debt ceiling raise deal done. Also, the senate decided to waste almost three days by going home for the weekend and starting a vote tomorrow night.

True the ADA has nothing to do with the shutdown, but the GOP tried to make it have something to do with the shut down.

This really should go into the non-DF general discussion....

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 04:53:02 pm »

This really should go into the non-DF general discussion....

i agree, political debates will always grow out of control. lets not fight about who is right and wrong, but what should be done without point fingers. this organized sports style setup just leads to bickering
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

RagingDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • "Sire."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 12:41:56 am »

You guys really know how to derail the shit out of a thread. :(

I, too, hope toady is okay. I can understand medical insurance, especially as you get older and if you have to spend a lot of time at a computer or desk. It's a bitch, and really starts to wear you down I think, after awhile.

It's the good work, though. The lord's work. :P Too awesome to suffer ill health.

Arowhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 11:53:56 pm »

Yay politics \o/
Another important reason is graphics: Toady is running out of letters.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 02:05:37 am »

For American Politics:
Here is the American Politics thread.

As for Toady's welfare, as well as the welfare of Threetoe and Scamps, I'm worried, too.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread