Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What do I need to plunder my old fort?  (Read 716 times)

Ebonblade7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What do I need to plunder my old fort?
« on: October 16, 2013, 06:12:13 pm »

I recently built a magnificent fortress. It had Opulent EVERYTHING, with gold and silver and engravings everywhere. I designed it solely as a place to crash for my adventurer. I am pretty new to adventures and would like to know what I should bring (except the max number of followers, which I already got covered).

P.S. When I asked about surroundings in my home hamlet, and they mentioned the fort, I was like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: What do I need to plunder my old fort?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 07:14:03 pm »

That depends on how the fort fell and where the fort is.

If you abandoned in some safe, low savagery area, you probably won't have to worry too much about what will be hanging around in your fort. Unless there were Forgotten Beasts in the caverns that you didn't deal with/know about, then you may encounter them somewhere within.

Though if you fell to a siege, some invaders will still be hanging around your fort. Also, any traps you left behind may harm your adventurer, with the exception of cage-traps. Cages are disabled in adventure mode because of how cheap a game-over they would cause.

One good thing about old forts is that in addition to the loot, there is usually a kingdom's worth of food and drink left over, making it a decent place to stock up when you are low on food.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 08:24:18 pm »

Also, beware of any of the dwarves that populated your Fortress. Some could have lost their nuts between the fall of your Fort, and it's rediscovery. Happened to me. Thrice.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 04:44:49 am »

Also, megabeasts and other things from the underground. They will teleport randomly into someplace in your fortress.

I once met a forgotten beast in my mayor's bedroom.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 03:31:53 am »

Just a warning if you had any ghosts left your are pretty much screwed because they will most likely one shot you.

If you recall where it was it will already be discovered on your quest map and need some observer skill for the traps.