Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Playing as predator creatures  (Read 1192 times)

killerbees1218

• Bay Watcher
  • Sting like a bee, fly like a... How'd it go again?
    • View Profile
Playing as predator creatures
« on: October 13, 2013, 07:35:03 pm »

Is there any critters that can devour other npcs whole, and or eat their corpses when killed, if played as in adventure mode? And if so, is there a specific line you have to add to enable this? Like can a dragon eat a goblin whole etc?
Death, is only the beginning.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
Re: Playing as predator creatures
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 09:25:37 pm »

Unfortunately, not in this release.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 11:20:58 pm »

You can butcher (and then eat) dead sapient creatures by modifying the RAWs for whatever race you prefer playing as (humans, dwarfs, etc.) Ask details in the modding forum, just know it involves EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER and EAT_SAPIENT_KILL
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 11:29:56 pm »

You can butcher (and then eat) dead sapient creatures by modifying the RAWs for whatever race you prefer playing as (humans, dwarfs, etc.) Ask details in the modding forum, just know it involves EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER and EAT_SAPIENT_KILL
That only works in fort mode. Adventure mode is hardcoded so that you must be starving before you can butcher sapients, regardless of your ethics.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 12:42:46 pm »

That only works in fort mode. Adventure mode is hardcoded so that you must be starving before you can butcher sapients, regardless of your ethics.
BUT if you starve yourself (wait without eating until you're starving), you can butcher anything. Including bogeymen or your own hand.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 10:27:40 am »

But I was planning to play an (even more) evil elf who devoured children at night. Kinda like an Icelandic night story.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 01:43:05 pm »

i guess you could mod in a race than can induce a syndrome that causes immediate body transformation into a special creature that dies immediately and leaves a blood smear as a corpse or boils away into nothingness, but i don't think you'd get credited with the kill

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 03:18:34 pm »

Could an interaction that destroys corpses be made?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!