Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Recommend me a game!: Winter 2013 Edition  (Read 1481 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Recommend me a game!: Winter 2013 Edition
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 10:15:24 am »

Dark Souls and Animal Crossing.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 11:16:20 am »

Enjoyed XCOM a lot.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 11:22:50 am »

I'll add a +1 for XCOM: Enemy Unknown (you don't need any of the DLC at all, although the soldier customizations can be fun). Definitely my favorite AAA game in...at least the last 5 years.

I'll also throw in a recommendation for Firefall. It's a free to play MMOFPS with some gear progression. Biggest draw for me is that it's an unbounded world with jetpacks, so you can actually go pretty much anywhere you can see. Might not be safe, but you can do it. It's very much a work in progress right now, and technically still in open beta, but I've had more fun in it than I have any other MMO. Also has the advantage that while there is progression, you can do anything in the game at any gear level so you aren't arbitrarily locked out of anything.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 [2]