Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Things you wish existed  (Read 6669 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things you wish existed
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2013, 06:49:11 pm »

The commonly perceived rules of reality and many other reality-based reulesets to be so relaxed, you'd think God himself was high 24/7 and completely chill with everything that happens.

End result I would assume is that all imagination runs amok, and splits reality into many sub-realities that can be accessed seamlessly as if part of the same universe. Simply put, what if every sci-fi, fantasy, and etc. happened within the same universe; all manners of creatures, horrifying and not existed, with and without sentience to variant degrees (like all other life in the world/universe).

Creatures can exist in such scales, they should collapse under their own weight, but don't, all myths are true, fairy tales are based on stuff that happened all over time/space, and so on.

All that considered, I wish we were advanced enough, or at least popular enough of a little speck of a world, to be caught in the middle of it, and our governments and such weren't such dicks about hiding it all all the time. Imagine interacting with a world, or more like universe, so massive, so immersive, that everyday things, statistics and otherwise, on our own world are no longer as significant as it used to feel?

In  a sense, I wish the great collective imagination of everyone and everything was in itself, it's own universe/multiverse we could directly live in alongside our own. It'll be terrifying, yes, but it would also be all kinds of awesome.

EDIT:
Maybe I'm just the adventurer type, or got that mindset (or maybe October and general horror just doesn't scare me anymore); but c'mon, wouldn't a universe where creatures like these are somewhat commonplace just rock? Who cares about some of our political problems when you have creatures the size of cities feasting on our populous, or wrecking things for the hell of it? Not to mention, imagine the pair on the kinds of people that would actually take on the challenge of taking one down; or being a paid adventurer to do the job?

http://archive.nyafuu.org/wg/thread/5480262/ (Caution, NSFW material within)

EDIT EDIT:
Also, considering the sentience thing earlier, what if some of these 'gods and demons' were just as sentient and intelligent as anyone else, and we can communicate with them on par with everyone else? Imagine the stories a galaxy-sized creature could tell? In a sense, more-or-less, I wish angels walked amongst us in their true forms (not the humanoids we know about when the Bible is mentioned, but more their Old Testament, building-sized monstrosities that are a trip and a half to look at).
It's possible. Long off, but very possible.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Things you wish existed
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2013, 07:37:05 pm »

And another thing:
Sburb without the meteors and death and blowing-upping shit.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]