Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How much has the game changed since I've been gone?  (Read 3206 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How much has the game changed since I've been gone?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 04:10:45 pm »

Most forgotten beasts and titans aren't that scary.
Unless they are made of metal or something equally difficult to destroy AND have a syndrome or something, they can be taken out reasonably quickly.

Emphasis on "most". Deadly dust=quarantine everything or the fort falls. Deadly blood=quarantine that area, forever, or the fort falls. Metal body+ any of the above=devote all future energies to killing it with a cave-in.

As far as (not-yet-mentioned) new stuff:

Hospitals actually work now! Crutches are functional, but Traction benches can bug out by keeping a dwarf in traction forever (if they do, remove the bench).  There is still a little bug with injured dwarves not thinking they are injured but also not doing anything other than lying on the ground/getting thirsty. Only way to fix that is reinjuring them, possibly with a cave-in

Zones, not sure if you saw these yet: zones are designated with "i" and now are used to designate pastures, because many herbivorous animals need to be pastured in a grassy or mossy area or starve.

Necromancy is not just for your enemies: if you find a book teaching the secrets of life and death in adventure mode you too will gain the power to animate bodies and body parts as friends. You can then retire and get the necromancer in a migrant wave. Note that their zombies will not be friends with anyone but other necromancers and vampires.

Minecarts are most useful as ridiculous weapon systems, since it has been conclusively shown that a minecart can throw water with enough force to explode a giant blue whale into constituent piece with a single load.

More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

illarion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How much has the game changed since I've been gone?
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 09:13:03 am »

I've been "gone" nearly as long as Socran (or rather, I've followed the forums vaguely, but I haven't played a lot since 40d).

So I figured this topic would contain a useful summary for me.

While that was true, what found amusing was that between the actual new stuff, was a bunch of things being reported as new that I remember from the 2d days :lol:

(Pressure plates, wagons with the merchants, stockpiles taking from other stockpiles...)
"No Gods, No Kings, Only Dwarves." -- Tyrving
Pages: 1 [2]