Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bugs 'n Glitches Thread  (Read 4197 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs 'n Glitches Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 07:33:40 pm »

My pet spaz corpse was a raider who flew over the river and spazzed over there like some kind of star fallen from space.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:12:33 pm by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 08:15:49 pm »

I remember once in Fallout 3 I was wandering around and was suddenly accosted by a spazzy, flying corpse of a super mutant.
Ah yes, spazzy corpses. It's actually worse when they manage to right themselves shortly after freaking out. The first time I encountered that glitch I was going through the metro to GNR when I shot a ghoul, the ghoul behind me activated (with that damn noise) and the corpse flew out of the darkness and knocked me back down the tunnel I had just walked through. It had the gall to limply fall down a couple of feet in front of me.

Then there's Flak's deathclaw hands (from an overheating Xbox), Doc's spinning head (from the launch of NV) and the shader ghosts that appeared when you tried to use certain ENB settings in New Vegas.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 08:30:06 pm »

I remember once in Fallout 3 I was wandering around and was suddenly accosted by a spazzy, flying corpse of a super mutant.

Kinda wish I had a video/picture for posterity.

Also, my old Super Mario RPG once froze at the character menu screen, making the menu's all disappear and switching to the ghost ship theme. Like some form of weird creepypasta.

Why is it that Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas have so many problems with corpses? I remember there being a problem where living NPCs would have their heads perpetually caught in mid-gibbing, with all the pieces arranged to form a complete head.
It mostly has to deal with them being swapped out for a rag doll figure and being a container. So its a weird mixture of two different objects.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:47:48 pm by MrWiggles »
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 11:10:55 pm »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 12:34:48 am »

This is relevant.

You, sir, just made me spend a good chunk of an evening~.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 02:58:38 am »

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 10:15:32 am »

Why is it that Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas have so many problems with corpses?

Advanced physics and ragdolling require a lot of complex functionality. Optimizations needed for decent performance increase the complexity further. The more complex the system is, the more likely a single part is to break. When one part breaks, others react in unintended ways.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 10:32:22 am »

Anyone ever glitch into the Chris Houlihan room in Link to the Past?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 11:23:44 am »

I had some issues making the maids comfortable after knocking them out in Dishonored.  Turns out beds are bad for your neck.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, rage had a funny one where bad guys would always go for the turret, even if they couldn't hit you with it because it only turned so far.  Poor bandit would just stare at me wishing I'd move where he could shoot me.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:25:31 am by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 11:25:22 am »

I had some issues making the maids comfortable after knocking them out in Dishonored.  Turns out beds are bad for your neck.

See? That's why you should buy our ExpensiveEx(TM) brand pillow!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 04:02:04 am »

I remember playing Heroes of Newerth (the DotA clone that petered out once DotA 2 finally managed to make an appearance) in beta when I came across a similar version of this gem:

I don't have screenshots of my own, but what happened was shift clicking on a particular character ended up causing huge graphical errors, and replacing your minimap with the portrait of the character Blacksmith (an Ogre Magi clone).

It ended up spawning the meme "TOO BAD, IT'S ME, BLACKSMITH." As in, wanna look at your minimap? Too bad, it's me, Blacksmith. I think I was mostly entertained by the bugs while playing that game; once I started getting into League and DotA 2, and their game became their own product (rather than a straight up clone of DotA heroes and mechanics; they do have a lot of good ideas that could be applied to DotA 2 though), as well as my circle of internet friends changed, I pretty much quit playing.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 [2]