Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sponge Combat  (Read 1595 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sponge Combat
« on: November 16, 2013, 03:29:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:35:11 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
Re: Sponge Combat
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 04:07:05 pm »

it's a giant sponge. MAKE IT BIGGER
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 07:26:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 07:32:59 pm »

Giant sponges: powerful and nigh invincible, even the might of a dead badger cannot best it!

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 09:11:58 pm »

This makes me very happy. 
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 10:18:39 pm »

Giant sponges: powerful and nigh invincible, even the might of a dead badger cannot best it!

My fort has had an army of ten badgers, a barn owl and a wombat (all undead) locked in an endless combat with this sponge for over a year now. Just one lonely sponge on the riverbank. My combat logs are an endless stream of "latches onto the Giant Sponge's body and shakes it around"

It spends 99% of the time unconscious and exhausted because its only bodypart, "body" is completely ruined. But it occasionally wakes up and managed to do something. When I saw it push a badger's leg off, the image was just too funny to keep to myself. :)

I rarely notice other important announcements, because all I ever see scrolling at the bottom of the screen is "The badger boar corpse is enraged!"

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 10:25:12 pm »

This.  This is more win than... Words fail me.  This is my new favorite thing.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 09:32:43 am »

This.  I love it.

Are you involved in the Forgotten Beast Art Contest?  If not, you should be!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 09:46:07 am »

I'm not, but I might look into it. I used to offer to draw people's artifacts a few years ago, but I'm better less bad at creatures than furniture. xD

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 09:55:44 am »

The art is not bad at all really. :)