Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf teeth and finger from a fight won't get cleaned up?!?  (Read 766 times)

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf teeth and finger from a fight won't get cleaned up?!?
« on: September 22, 2013, 06:43:12 pm »

I had a dwarf go berserk a few months ago and I had to send the militia to kill him.  Unfortunately he knocked several teeth our of one of my dwarves and chopped off another's finger.  Unfortunately THOSE TEETH AND FINGER ARE STILL NEAR MY DINING HALL!  For some reason no one will clean them up? How do I get rid of these dwarf teeth and fingers that were the result of this fight?  I have a refuse pile outside with everything enabled and it is full of animal parts but they won't clear out these dwarf parts.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:41:55 pm by Oddible »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf teeth and finger from a fight won't get cleaned up?!?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 11:18:51 pm »

I believe that fort member body parts are sent to the corpse stockpile instead of the refuse stockpile, but I'm not sure on that. I'm just guessing that since I set my refuse stockpiles to also accept corpses and they will take dwarf parts.

Try setting the refuse stockpile to also accept corpses. No guarantees, though.

spwndlove

• Escaped Lunatic
  • A tall creature fond of meat and PC games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 06:00:18 am »

Also, check to make sure they aren't forbidden. If you hit d - b, all items that are currently forbidden will be highlighted in green, and you can select them to un-forbid them. Another way is to go through your Stocks (z) and look for golden "F"s next to item names. Hope that helps!

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 07:20:28 am »

Body parts of living dwars wont get buried as long as the dwarf in question is alife. Since they technically are his property.
I dont know if that would change if you assign a tomb to him.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 09:28:31 am »

I have a corpse and several teeth of a dwarf lasher (even has a goblin name and everything) that came with a siege lying about, that's not getting moved to a refuse stockpile either. I think I had coffins available, but not sure. The FUN side is that non-fortmember dwarves will still become ghosts. ;)

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 08:58:25 pm »

Figured out my problem, it was that the Stockpile > Refuse > Corpses are not the same as Stockpile > Corpses.  As soon as I added the non-refuse Corpses designation my fingers and teeth disappeared. Oh and just having coffins available isn't enough, you have to build (place) them somewhere.