Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clothes owned by dead dwarf, and other Qs  (Read 789 times)

PaperKrane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clothes owned by dead dwarf, and other Qs
« on: January 18, 2008, 07:40:00 pm »

Currently I have 2 sets of clothes lying about my fort owned by dead dwarfs. They each are buried in a coffin, also I have cabinets and coffers in a communal barracks where all my dwarfs sleep. I've tried dumping and forbidding but nothing seems to work, how do I remove these clothes?

Also, I've read people talking about butchering cats, but mine say something about not being interested in my wishes, is there a way around this?

Adder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clothes owned by dead dwarf, and other Qs
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 09:21:00 pm »

Are you sure it's the dead dwarf that owns them. not another dwarf? If a dwarf is married, their spouse immediately inherits their possessions. As for butchering cats, go to the stocks screen, then animals, highlight the cat, and hit b. Uninterested in your wishes just means you can't assign them for adoption.

PaperKrane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 09:26:00 pm »

I'm positive, I checked the tombs to be certain I remembered the names correctly. One was a wrestler involved in an accident and the other was a strange mood that couldn't get any wood. There doesn't seem to be any change on the animal screen, does being someones pet prevent it's slaughter?

One last thing, I see pages and pages of deceased chasm dwellers, but I don't see a chasm anywhere on my map, there is a chasm shaped area that randomly spawns webs however, but nothing else is in that area. Is this a bug?

Adder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 10:05:00 pm »

I don't know what's happening with the clothes, then. They shouldn't still be owned by the dead dwarf.

No, you can't slaughter pets. You can only butcher cats that say uninterested on the animal screen. If they aren't in a cage, they may choose an owner before they are butchered, in which case they won't be butchered.

The dead chasm creatures are probably in a chasm that isn't visible from the surface. They're dying from fighting each other.

[ January 18, 2008: Message edited by: Adder ]

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 09:55:00 am »

Are the dead dwarves in tombs or just coffins which had dwarves being buried in them allowed? If they are in tombs set a few dwarves to only have hauling enabled and they will move the clothes to the tomb (a cabinet will be used if there is one in the tomb)
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 10:19:00 am »

I'm sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a similar problem. Soon after the first year, clothes start to lie around the whole fortress. They don't get picked up by idle dwarves, and you can also not dump them. How do you get rid of them?
Also, is there some way of preventing dwarves to pick up "narrow" clothing? Or at least forbid the jewelers/bonecarvers to enhance them?

[ January 20, 2008: Message edited by: zagibu ]

99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!