Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone else just make a fort to watch it fail in elaborate ways?  (Read 1864 times)

GFire

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
Anyone else just make a fort to watch it fail in elaborate ways?
« on: September 26, 2013, 08:59:41 pm »

What I usually do in Dwarf Mode is make a fortress specifically to fail in a spectacular way, and then perhaps explore it with an adventurer. It's fun and !!fun!!.

Anyone else do so? And if so, post some screenshots. Please? I mean, you don't have to, but it'll be entertaining, right?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else just make a fort to watch it fail in elaborate ways?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:08:37 pm »

I hadn't intended on making my fort Murkyroad fall, but I should have known better than to have retired my necromancer at a mountainhome.

Hello, and welcome all to our tour of the fine city of Murkyroads!

Don't worry, our roads are the finest in the land! Whether migrant, merchant, or monarchy, you are safe with us!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please, while on your visit feel free to take a rest by our peaceful and scenic brook!

Come and swim in our public pool! Fun for all ages! Though be warned, there are no lifeguards on duty!

Come and play in our Underground Adventure FortressTM! Work on the Underground Adventure FortressTM has been suspended for the foreseeable future. We apologize for the inconvenience.

However, merchandise is still available for purchase!

Come and take a walk through our town square, have a rest in our tavern or spend some time in our friendly petting zoo! Take a tour of our glass making factory and maybe even catch a glimpse of the bastard that did this our respected yet elusive mayor Goden Udirkeshan!

So please, stay awhile and mingle with the locals! You will find that they are very friendly!

We hope that you have enjoyed your tour of our fine city and that you may consider returning for another or even moving in!

Here's the rest of the story, if you're interested.

Cuddles

• Bay Watcher
  • Who wants to cuddle?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 10:28:52 am »

I hadn't intended on making my fort Murkyroad fall, but I should have known better than to have retired my necromancer at a mountainhome.

Hello, and welcome all to our tour of the fine city of Murkyroads!

Don't worry, our roads are the finest in the land! Whether migrant, merchant, or monarchy, you are safe with us!

Please, while on your visit feel free to take a rest by our peaceful and scenic brook!

Come and swim in our public pool! Fun for all ages! Though be warned, there are no lifeguards on duty!

Come and play in our Underground Adventure FortressTM! Work on the Underground Adventure FortressTM has been suspended for the foreseeable future. We apologize for the inconvenience.

However, merchandise is still available for purchase!

Come and take a walk through our town square, have a rest in our tavern or spend some time in our friendly petting zoo! Take a tour of our glass making factory and maybe even catch a glimpse of the bastard that did this our respected yet elusive mayor Goden Udirkeshan!

So please, stay awhile and mingle with the locals! You will find that they are very friendly!

We hope that you have enjoyed your tour of our fine city and that you may consider returning for another or even moving in!

Here's the rest of the story, if you're interested.

I can't FATHOM why you didn't rename his position to necromayor.
I don't bite.

King Ink

• Bay Watcher
  • [spoiler]
    • View Profile
    • We must not look at Goblin men
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 02:11:19 pm »

What I usually do in Dwarf Mode is make a fortress specifically to fail in a spectacular way, and then perhaps explore it with an adventurer. It's fun and !!fun!!.

Anyone else do so? And if so, post some screenshots. Please? I mean, you don't have to, but it'll be entertaining, right?

no but I do this in real life.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 04:45:40 pm »

Didnt stand a kobalds chance of surviving HFS? you must have never heard of Deebus the kobald adventurer. He solo'd HFS.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 02:08:26 am »

Didn't stand a kobolds chance of surviving HFS? You must have never heard of Deebus the kobold adventurer. He solo'd HFS.

Ah, but Deebus was an exceptional badass, like how Cacame is (compared to most elves and many dwarves). Most kobolds would have surely met their end far before the HFS even became a possibility.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0