Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire blood  (Read 1100 times)

Vid_the_Impaler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire blood
« on: October 14, 2013, 02:22:27 pm »

In my experience drinking vampire blood isn't enough to turn into a vampire. I have to drink water contaminated by the blood; the vampire blood itself does nothing. After I kill a vampire, I have to pick up its blood, jump in the river, drop the blood, and drink the contaminated water before the blood washes downstream. Is this normal? Is there an easier way, in your experience, to become a vampire?

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire blood
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 03:34:32 pm »

Well, you can just drop the water in your waterskin on the tile where the blood is, instead of taking the blood to the river. :)

In my experience, blood on its own does turn you into a vampire, but it's not a guarantee unless its mixed in with water.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 03:45:07 pm »

In my experience, blood on its own does turn you into a vampire, but it's not a guarantee unless its mixed in with water.

Seconded. While blood will turn you into a vampire, in some cases you'll have to drink a whole lot of it before it actually does anything at all. If I want to become a vampire I don't normally bother diluting it in water though, I'll just drink the entire vampire.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 08:35:15 am »

I just picked up the blood, used it to kill a goblin and then drank it.

I must have gotten lucky on ol' Robin. I thought drinking guaranteed you were a vampire.
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 10:14:36 am »

also turning into a vampire is influenced by your disease resistance stat.

Urist McRandomplayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 03:22:21 pm »

If you never sink any points into your disease resistance, kill a vampire, and drink its blood three times, it should work. If you want to be extra sure, kill the vampire, fill a puch with its blood, then drink the rest.