Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Tale in Three Scenes  (Read 788 times)

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Tale in Three Scenes
« on: January 08, 2014, 12:21:23 am »

I call it: "Despite The Danger"

You can see those ravens, there are also four naked mole dogs, a troglodyte, a giant toad, and three Forgotten beasts. 611 undead.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: A Tale in Three Scenes
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 01:06:35 am »

Heh. Yeah, I've seen that type of thing in some of my evil embarks.

Also, what's up with Sir Spamalot?

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 01:12:25 am »

Oh, I just fallowed all the farms a long time ago, thinking I had thousands and thousands, but I really only had thousands, and thousands more piled up outside in wrecked caravans and the depot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 01:14:37 am »

The "cancels brew drink, no whatever" is the third most annoying type of spam, IMHO. The second is "cancels plant seeds..." And the first is the nigh unidentifiable "cancels store item in stockpile: item inaccessible."

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 03:32:26 am »

Oh the first for me is "cancel plant seeds:" no question. "item inaccessible" I only get when I activate emergency burrows, I keep neurotic care of my items, not a scrap goes to waste anywhere. Though when burrows are active, its immediately crushes everything. Cancels brew drink is endless, but at least it takes exactly one line, and growing too many plants is less of a problem in the "none available" direction and more of a problem in the "I think my food is lagging the game" direction.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 11:08:38 am »

I love how WJL can just post three pictures that the majority of the world would just see as random letters and symbols along with meaningless lists, but here on dwarf fortress, it tells the tale of a group of dwarves walking into a zombie apocalypse.