Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A little rusty  (Read 564 times)

toker606

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A little rusty
« on: September 29, 2013, 12:56:19 pm »

So I'm playing again after a fairly long hiatus, I'm having a problem that should be really simple but I can't see what's wrong, whenever I queue a brew drink job in my still I'm getting told there's no distillable item. I have a stockpile full of plump helmets (and empty barrels) and they're set in the kitchen menu to be available to brew, and the kitchen menu is definitely registering that I have some available. I really don't get why it isn't working.
I would fill it with Magma if there was any on my map... there isn't, so I'm filling it with Rhesus Macaques.

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A little rusty
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 01:24:06 pm »

Have you linked a stockpile to your still?
If you have linked at least one stockpile to a workshop it will ONLY take from the linked stockpiles and not from others any longer.

If this isn't the case try giving the job order by the manager (jobs menue: j -> m).
I had this problem once with soap and once with steel. Couldn't queue the reaction in the shop but the manager could make it queue in the workshop.

toker606

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 01:32:49 pm »

Have you linked a stockpile to your still?
If you have linked at least one stockpile to a workshop it will ONLY take from the linked stockpiles and not from others any longer.

If this isn't the case try giving the job order by the manager (jobs menue: j -> m).
I had this problem once with soap and once with steel. Couldn't queue the reaction in the shop but the manager could make it queue in the workshop.

Ah, that'll be it, I haven't tried out stockpile linking yet, I didn't know it was mandatory. Can you point me in right direction to get that done? Can't see any options in either my stockpile or my still.

EDIT- Never mind, found it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 01:40:41 pm by toker606 »
I would fill it with Magma if there was any on my map... there isn't, so I'm filling it with Rhesus Macaques.

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 01:49:09 pm »

Nonononononono no you misunderstood what I wanted to say.
You do not NEED to link a stockpile. If you link no stockpile everything should work just fine. However if you DO link at least one stockpile the workshop will be restricted to linked stockpiles.

toker606

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 02:05:00 pm »

You do not NEED to link a stockpile. If you link no stockpile everything should work just fine. However if you DO link at least one stockpile the workshop will be restricted to linked stockpiles.

It isn't working at all if they aren't linked, but it is working if I set the food storage and furniture storage (for barrels) to give to the still.

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 03:01:26 pm »

It isn't working at all if they aren't linked, but it is working if I set the food storage and furniture storage (for barrels) to give to the still.

It's possible you linked one by mistake previous to this, however there is a second reason that message could come up.  Much like the issue with seed barrels getting carted off to pick up a single plump helmet spawn in your dining room the barrel of plants can go off to pick up plants from the farms.  If the barrel is in transit when your brewer needs an item out of it you'll get the no distilable plants message.   A similar setup as the double seed stockpiles can help this somewhat.