Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Barrel madness  (Read 980 times)

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Barrel madness
« on: January 17, 2008, 11:55:00 am »

The dwarves in my new ice fortress are getting thirsty, and I can't make any more booze because the the spent booze barrels are all used to store small handfuls of seeds, or seed bags containing small handfuls of seeds.
Is there a way to clear the barrels?

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Barrel madness
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 12:17:00 pm »

Nope.

The same thing with barrels.

[ January 17, 2008: Message edited by: Helmaroc ]

Marsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 12:18:00 pm »

There are a few ways, you can set seed only stockpiles then set max barrels to 0, then forbid seeds in your food stockpiles. That's probably going to be your best bet.

Lazy_Perfectionist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »

Do you have herbalists gathering wild plants? [EDIT: Stupid question, its an ice fortress.]
Which when eaten/brewed produce seeds you don't need?
Cook the seeds. I've made quite a few prickle berry seed roasts.

If it is seeds you actually want, but have a surplus of, then some careful adjustment of the cook menu and thoughtful ordering of meals should help.

As far as I'm aware, you can dump seeds out of a bag into a garbage dump, out of the least efficent bags/barrels, as long as you 'view selected' the seed and THEN press D. I had trouble figuring out how to dump vermin a while back.

[ January 17, 2008: Message edited by: Lazy_Perfectionist ]

Bloat325, ADDITIONAL LIQUID TYPES, (Future): Candidates for new flowing "liquids" include sand, oil, mud, blood of various sorts, slime, farm products like grain and beer for the beer fountain. Only a limited number of materials from plant raws like beer

Marsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »

Not to say you won't need a crapload of bags though, at least you'll have your barrels. Your other option is to carefully cook seeds making sure you have enough to plant but not so much to fill your fort.

termitehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 11:08:00 am »

In an emergency have you tried manually dumping all the stuff in a non-booze barrel to make them empty?