Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LCS crashes on elections  (Read 1185 times)

Theinsomniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LCS crashes on elections
« on: September 28, 2013, 05:29:59 pm »

So I've just finished cleaning one of the CCS safehouses, I got the public to become liberal and just as election day dawned... The game crashed, I tried to restart it several times but it crashed on election day every time, any way to fix this?

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
Re: LCS crashes on elections
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 06:35:49 pm »

You can risk disbanding and reforming after the elections, you will likely lose members but I've circumvented that glitch that way before and won later on.

But be careful it does autosave at some point during the process, so there's no going back unless you back up your save first somehow.

Insanity X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 08:28:38 pm »

Try National LCS. I've had this problem in the normal one ALL the time, but not in the new beta.
And the lord said unto John, "Come forth, and receive eternal life." but, John came fifth and received a toaster
Urist McMason, Mason cancels Build Important Wall: Making rock mugs.
It was inevitable.
My succession world turn.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 12:45:48 pm »

So I've just finished cleaning one of the CCS safehouses, I got the public to become liberal and just as election day dawned... The game crashed, I tried to restart it several times but it crashed on election day every time, any way to fix this?

Which version number of Liberal Crime Squad were you playing when this happened? It seems from what Insanity X said that this was a problem in older versions that got fixed in the newer betas. But I'd like it if you could confirm that this is the case, since I can't seem to find anything in the SVN logs to indicate that this specific bug was ever fixed.

So it would really be useful if you could say what version number of the game you were playing when this crash on election day happened. That way we can know whether or not this is a bug that is likely still present in the newest versions of the game, or whether it really did get fixed and it just never got mentioned in the SVN logs by whoever fixed it.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL