Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Card Hunter is now live!  (Read 6330 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Card Hunter is now live!
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2013, 06:45:54 pm »

Had a pretty decent time in multiplayer.  Winning and losing about 50/50 so far with the starter characters.  Had a guy AFK for the full fifteen minute time period after he parked two guys next to my frenzied dorf warrior who'd managed to MartyrBlessing himself a full hand of chops and strong chops.  Obviously I had cheated.
Shoes...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2013, 06:46:54 pm »

Oh man.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2013, 10:53:20 pm »

Just came here to say that I just won a campaign battle in one round with just Firestorm. Well I suppose it was technically two, since they didn't take the fire damage until the start of the second round. I got lucky and drew both my copies on the first round.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2013, 12:50:39 am »

Just came here to say that I just won a campaign battle in one round with just Firestorm. Well I suppose it was technically two, since they didn't take the fire damage until the start of the second round. I got lucky and drew both my copies on the first round.

Later on if you really focus on it, you can put such incredible pain on enemies with several stacks of continuous damage. It is one of the few times lesser moves actually have a really beneficial aspect to having them.

Zalminen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2013, 12:52:55 am »

The lava tiles I've been making only do 8 damage if you start your turn on them. Granted this is early in the campaign, but I don't see why lava terrain would grow deadlier later in the game, or in multiplayer.
Hmmm they changed it up. either that or I remembered incorrectly.
Lava used to do 10 damage but it was reduced to 8. I've been in the game since the early beta and I'm pretty sure it's never been 20.

You could do 20 damage to a big 2x2 size enemy if you cast two lava tiles under it but even that was changed so the big enemies only take damage from one lava tile per turn.

There is technically one card in the game that does 20 damage (http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Cards/Almighty_Bludgeon) but that isn't on any currently available items. It's probably reserved for future expansions or something.
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2013, 02:28:03 am »

I also have to say that the Cleric can be quite fun. I've found that Bad Medicine is good for poisoning enemies at full health, and possibly less than that if you have time and are desperate. If you're even more desperate than that you can use it for a short term heal. And Misguided Heal is good for a cheap ranged heal on anyone above 2 health, and works as a good cherry tapper for enemies at or below that.

So yeah, I really like finding uses for "bad" cards. Though I don't like to use items with Handicap cards and I refuse anything with Maze included (it's almost always a waste of space, since it takes an action to activate and you have no guarantee they won't just land right next to you and facing right at you. And that's when you get stabbed).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2013, 03:00:34 am »

Most of the Handicap cards are meant to balance out the great cards they come with.

Though often to me they aren't worth it. Three good cards tends to be better, to me, then one great card, one mediocre card, and one bad card.

Also my favorite use of the Cleric is doing combinations of holy and unholy strength. Since they stack.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]