Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mandates  (Read 697 times)

Raerlynn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mandates
« on: August 22, 2006, 02:24:00 am »

How does one respond to a mandate? I received one from my broker for 3 buckets. I had seven sitting in my furniture storage, but was still penalized for missing a mandate. What gives?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Mandates
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 02:32:00 am »

A mandate means the noble wants you to make 3 more, even if those aren't being used.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 05:30:00 am »

The bastard wants me to make a ruby item. I hope he won't be too angry if I ignore his order altogether... I have enough problems with that fey mood dwarf who apparently wants something that I never had in my fortress too.

Dehydration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 02:01:00 pm »

If you ignore a mandage it's an unhappy thought for the broker and a minor criminal offense for the crafter who didn't make the item.

I once forgot to fill a mandate for two copper maces and got my metalsmith locked up in retaliation. It was fun.

shouldn''t trust the phones. They''re full of gas.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 09:26:00 pm »

Whenever I miss a mandate, the fortress guard beats up some poor crafter.

Actually, this raises a question. I have several cages and chains placed, but in the justice menu it lists 0 out of 13. Why don't they count?
EDIT: Already answered in another thread. Hooray for the new sections.

[ August 22, 2006: Message edited by: LordNagash ]

Raerlynn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 02:15:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Dehydration:
<STRONG>If you ignore a mandage it's an unhappy thought for the broker and a minor criminal offense for the crafter who didn't make the item.

I once forgot to fill a mandate for two copper maces and got my metalsmith locked up in retaliation. It was fun.</STRONG>

Uhh, replace "locked up" with "beat to a bloody mangled pulp" and that's what resulted . The sheriff killed my metalsmith in the middle of my massive crafthall. As you can probably guess, that didn't take too well with the thirty or so witnesses.   :(

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 03:08:00 am »

Is there a reason to not just murder sheriffs as soon as they arrive?  They've caused more death and destruction in my fortress than all the other threats combined.

[ August 23, 2006: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 03:13:00 am »

I've you don't mind the hit to immigration it's not a big deal.  Ah, I think your other nobles will also become frustrated if crimes aren't punished, but generally the punishment is like 8 random people dying right now anyway.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!