Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wood Cutting question  (Read 1291 times)

Morgorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wood Cutting question
« on: September 11, 2013, 11:00:43 am »

This is real quick:  Can you use a great axe or halberd for wood cutting duties?
Quote from: Xune
Urist McFred cancels these pants: too sexy.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Wood Cutting question
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 03:00:44 pm »

not as far as I know

small, fast questions have their home in the questions and answers thread. We need thousands more replies there to be bigger than the same thread for the previous versions, so feel free to post short questions there

edit:
Just because I could I went back to check. The 'df2010 little questions' thread is currently on page 322, though one more topic and it'll be on page 323 and had 17.661 replies and 372.009 views. If we want to beat that, there is work to do, questions to ask and answer.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:09:46 pm by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Wood Cutting question
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 07:00:43 pm »

This is real quick:  Can you use a great axe or halberd for wood cutting duties?

All axe type weapons are capable of being used to cut down trees. Of course, due to a size calculation problem dwarves won't be able to equip great axes or halberds, so you can't actually use them.

You can use training axes if you are low on metal, even though it doesn't make sense for a wooden axe to chop down a wooden tree.