Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No trades can be made  (Read 839 times)

Katrinya

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
No trades can be made
« on: September 06, 2013, 01:16:34 pm »

I'm having an intermittent problem with trading.  The merchants show up, they schlep to the depot just fine, the broker meets with the liaison, then comes to the depot once all his other tasks are cancelled.  I can bring up the trade screen and highlight the objects I want to trade, but pressing t does nothing.  He doesn't reject the deal or make a counteroffer.  It simply... doesn't... do... anything.  Sometimes allowing all dwarves to trade will temporarily fix the problem, but after a small "test trade" the problem will return.  What am I doing wrong?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
Re: No trades can be made
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 01:23:28 pm »

I'm pretty sure "trader profit" needs to be at or over 50% of the "value" on their side of the screen. If it's less they usually complain... I don't know what happens when you offer as unprofitable a trade as you have.

perhaps they refuse to trade again with your traders after such deals? Does it always say "willing to trade" in the top left?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:26:02 pm by Crashmaster »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 02:16:57 pm »

You can't trade while using the search function at the same time. Try deleting any word currently in there, and trade again.

At least, that was the problem I was having.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:19:20 pm by BlackFlyme »

Katrinya

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 02:24:27 pm »

You can't trade while using the search function at the same time. Try deleting any word currently in there, and trade again.

At least, that was the problem I was having.

That fixed it for me.  How awkward.  Removing the word from the search function results in losing that item from the active screen, which makes me worry about accidentally selecting the wrong thing.  This is my second game, but in my first, I accidentally traded an entire barrel full of gems for a single piece of leather due to an erroneous selection.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 02:24:19 pm »

Wow, I never knew you could search items in the trading screen  :o
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 02:34:13 pm »

Wow, I never knew you could search items in the trading screen  :o

It's a DFHack plug-in included in the Lazy Newb Pack.