Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tips on getting my cook to mix food mats?  (Read 377 times)

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tips on getting my cook to mix food mats?
« on: September 04, 2013, 07:20:56 am »

Hey, I've been trying to get my now-legendary+5 cook to food with something else than 4 different meats from the same animal (only 1 happy thought target) or 4 different seeds or 4 different tallows or cheeses or... you get the idea.

So, I went with the wiki's suggestions of having 1-tile barrel-less feeder stockpiles that take from my general "raw food" stockpile and give to the kitchen. But now the feeder's don't seem to get filled at all. I've got several dwarves with no job and all hauling labors on, no civilian burrow alert set. Also, when they still were filled, the cook of course works through them really quickly, in 2-3 meals (I have separate stockpiles for meat, fish, cheese, eggs, raw plants, flours/sugar, quarry bush leaves/press cakes, syrup/oil with barrels, and tallow). So, any tips/what else am I doing wrong?

Optionally, I am using dfhack workflow, and a google search did turn up some suggestion on using that to achieve this. Is it?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Tips on getting my cook to mix food mats?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 12:10:10 pm »

dwarfs are reluctant to take stuff out of barrels as far as I'm aware. Otherwise other mechanics may be at work, but I don't usually bother with this level of micromanagement
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.