Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten Beast Made of Vomit  (Read 730 times)

MrGhost077

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgotten Beast Made of Vomit
« on: September 15, 2013, 08:45:36 pm »

Okay this forgotten beast is composed of vomit and shoots webs, sounds like a one hit kill. This thing is INVULNERABLE to everything I can throw at it. The beast has 10 PAGES of bolts in it, every limb or body piece is red and every attack is chipped it! I had a dwarf go in and get single hit on with a admanitite axe shattering it, it's still alive. Why is it not dead or at least immobilized?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 09:18:53 pm by MrGhost077 »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Beast Made of Vomit
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 08:48:03 pm »

One does not simply kill a vomit monster.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 09:16:41 pm »

weird, it should have died quite fast. Are you using any mods?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

MrGhost077

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 09:19:30 pm »

I'm using good old DF so no mods

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 10:00:56 pm »

Vomit is considered a solid, which is why it is so tough. Being fully solid, it doesn't have any blood to lose or organs to damage. Blunt weapons are useless compared to edged, since they can't remove limbs. Bolts are too small to have a decent chance of removing a limb or it's head.

Anyone caught in a web is dead; webbed creatures can't move or fight back, and are as simple a target as an unconscious creature, in terms of combat rolls.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 10:08:35 pm »

Is it a blob? Those are especially difficult to kill. Also, I thought vomit was one of the weak materials a FB could be made of.

You're going to have to use a cavein trap to kill the FB.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 10:32:54 pm »

Is it a blob? Those are especially difficult to kill. Also, I thought vomit was one of the weak materials a FB could be made of.

You're going to have to use a cavein trap to kill the FB.

Well, he mentioned it having limbs. Though blobs can have things such as trunks, tails, and wings.

As for weak materials, those would be liquids, gases, and powders such as water, smoke, and salt. Vomit is a solid, but it does not have any defined attributes aside from density, temperature, colour, and name so I can't say exactly how strong it is.

Since it spews webs though, you could set up a caged hallway and have some live bait persuade it into webbing the traps, allowing it to be caught in them. Anything will get caught in a cage trap, even creatures that are normally trap-immune.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 10:42:21 pm »

I see, and I just got a FB made of vomit, lol XD Quadruped though and spits globs.

It's in the same cavern (3rd) level as a skinless bloated python which spits webs and there is a giant hairy spider FB (which doesn't spit webs) that is on the next cavern level, though there aren't any cross level passages from the third one.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:52:40 pm by smjjames »

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 11:51:56 pm »

If your military is not killing it I recomend you pull back and prepare a cavein trap.  it should be a building destroyer so it should be as simple as seting up a couple floor tiles on top of a support and just let the thing come in and kill the support and drop the roof on its head.   to be extra sure you could link to the support anyway and put a bait animal under the floor tiles and yank the lever when it goes for either the bait or the support.

obsidian casting or water freezing are also potential kill methods that are sure things depending on your map but caveins generaly require the least effort to setup.