Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two Things  (Read 627 times)

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Two Things
« on: August 31, 2013, 01:05:17 pm »

First:

I've found no magma on my map at all. It doesn't seem to exist here. There are plenty of warm stones, but mining them out yields no magma. Just more warm stone! I can post the map if necessary.

Second:

How the heck do I stop all of those Plant Seeds Canceled spam messages? Short of editing the raws, I mean... I've done the double-stockpile technique with give and take only from links, but it's not working. I still get thousands of spam messages.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Re: Two Things
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 01:13:15 pm »

First:

I've found no magma on my map at all. It doesn't seem to exist here. There are plenty of warm stones, but mining them out yields no magma. Just more warm stone! I can post the map if necessary.
You're probably right above it.  Channel out some warm stone.

Second:
How the heck do I stop all of those Plant Seeds Canceled spam messages? Short of editing the raws, I mean... I've done the double-stockpile technique with give and take only from links, but it's not working. I still get thousands of spam messages.
Just remove the barrel stockpile all together.  Saves me a ton of headaches.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 01:18:14 pm »

You're probably right above it.  Channel out some warm stone.

Tried that. No good. I tried digging upwards, too, and there's nothing there either.

Just remove the barrel stockpile all together.  Saves me a ton of headaches.

So what would be the final setup there?
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 01:22:12 pm »

If you're not above it, you may have gone below it.  You finding Semi-Molten Rock?

Basically, create farm, 1x3 stockpile for that farm's seeds next to it, no barrels.  Still get occassional spam but not too bad.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 01:29:03 pm »

If you're not above it, you may have gone below it.  You finding Semi-Molten Rock?

Basically, create farm, 1x3 stockpile for that farm's seeds next to it, no barrels.  Still get occassional spam but not too bad.

I did find Semi-Molten Rock, but that was further down from the warm stone. Like I said - I tried digging above, below, around, and through all the warm stone, but I couldn't find any magma anywhere. It's as though all the magma on my map cooled to stone.

Thanks, I'll see if that helps.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 01:39:53 pm »

Whoops, found it. I must not have been channeling in the right spot before.

Maw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 05:31:45 pm »

Its the "Whoops" bit that intrigues me.  Please tell me there is a story of accidents, mayhem and !FUN!
The three stages of information assimilation in bay 12:
1)horror
2)curiosity
3)weaponization

blazing glory

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 06:12:28 pm »

tell us about your charred dwarf miner in agony   ;D