Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Addicted to......Clicker Heroes?!  (Read 8251 times)

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted to......Clicker Heroes?!
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2015, 07:24:57 pm »

You gotta wait for it to fly towards the middle to be able to click on it.  It activates one of your powers randomly without initiating cool down I think.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2015, 08:50:18 pm »

This is the best click/wait/upgrade game I have ever played and I have played most of them. You won't notice this on your first run tho, the first run is a bitch.
Ok, seriously, I don't know what it is but this game is currently keeping me from playing anything else. I want to stop playing but I can't.

You know how sometimes you read scifi stories and they have some kind of chip or machine that just activates the pleasure center of your brain, so instead of watching TV, or playing games people just turn it on and do nothing and enjoy it more than anything else?

Yeah, that's what this is - and that's not a joke. These clicker type games give you the illusion of ever-increasing progress, which manipulates your brain's reward center into giving you a constant, steady drip of dopamine. Dopamine is a powerful reward chemical, which is why you enjoy the "game" so much even though it's blatantly obvious how pointlessly stupid it is.

It's exactly why MMOs are addictive, but they've distilled it into something that's cheap to make, cheap to expand infinitely, and that they can perfectly control the dose of for maximum addiction.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2015, 09:53:37 pm »

I basically stopped after my first revive... when I realized it barely made a difference.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2015, 07:02:48 am »

Blargh, I pretty much wasted a weekend trying this out.

Also didn't know what acension did so I ascended on lvl 95 and got 1 hero soul..... that pretty much wasted most of the weekend.

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2015, 04:10:52 am »

old one (thread) but I found it (the game) yesterday...is there any b12-clan or something?
I don't know how long I will "play" this...but I want to see what I can do with clans and the "Find a random clan"-button is broken.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Inactive Therian Saga Char: Stormhead
Dominions: 4.03 Berytos; 4.06 Pangaea; 4.08 Arcoscephale; 4.11 Shinuyama
Inactive Wurm Online Char: Stormhead

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2015, 05:54:58 am »

Z1700 here i have my own personal (single person) clan but can accept anyway

Privateers
L: FineMotion
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 2 [3]