Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: advanced world gen  (Read 398 times)

branmuffincat

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me im a dwarf.
    • View Profile
advanced world gen
« on: August 31, 2013, 01:26:45 pm »

so can i get some help on this? I want to make a small island almost completely covered in evil biome terrifying in particular. when I tried it I just contradicted it and it could not make the world.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: advanced world gen
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 04:13:10 am »

Check the worldgen cookbook thread over in "Dwarf Mode" for help & advice.

But I can tell you "all evil" isn't going to work because that prevents Dwarf civs being formed, & a "Playable (aka Dwarf) Civ" is pretty much mandatory.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 04:48:07 am »

you can toggle 'playable civs' in the parameters too iirc. I recall someone doing exactly that, who ended up with a tiny island containing all the world worth of monsters and not even a hint of civilization. The how is somewhere in dwarf mode discussion, as he wrote and drew about the adventures of the human outsider adventurer. You can't do anything but use it for adventure mode, and you'll have a tough time since there won't be any place to get stuff like armor.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 05:18:51 pm »

so can i get some help on this? I want to make a small island almost completely covered in evil biome terrifying in particular. when I tried it I just contradicted it and it could not make the world.
It's definitely possible.  What you need to do is have some non-evil,non-savage mountains for a dwarven civ to build the mountainhome, then you're set.  If you need some help getting there, let me know.