Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: War status - Goblins not attacking?  (Read 552 times)

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
  • Forts lost: A lot
    • View Profile
War status - Goblins not attacking?
« on: August 29, 2013, 01:31:01 pm »

After choosing a starting a small 1050 years old world and choosing a embark location on a vulcano, I had quickly checked the local civs and noticed (aside from absolute lack of Elves on the map) that the local gobos had a "War" tag next to it. Puzzled, I switched the parent civ and the war tag wasn't there anymore. After that I assumed the gobos were at war with that specific dwarf civilization switched it back thinking more gobos, more challange, more fun.

It's been 6 years, I'm pop-caped at 200 dwarf and 100 kids, have some 5 million wealth and I haven't even seen a goblin pedo. What does the war tag mean? How do I get goblins to attack me? Do I need to get the king to move in?

Since I don't want to bother with the forgotten beasts and only things that I get attacks from are minotaurs (7 of them so far), I will have to resort to starting a "international incident" with humans, even thought I don't want to lose a trade partner, just to keep the game interesting. I'm using the modest mod.
Ah, RL. The only true slayer of fortresses.
A vile force of Reality has arrived!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: War status - Goblins not attacking?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 05:09:57 pm »

after 6 years not even a snatcher is pretty weird, you might have gotten to a place hard to reach for them
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 07:45:05 am »

I'm thinking the war status means that the gobos are either busy with another war, or only attacking my civs mountain homes. I'm gonna try getting my king here first since civil war is not an option. But I would like to find out before I doom one of the two remaining dwarf kingdoms.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 02:24:16 pm »

So, does that mean you have 300 population?

Depending on how far away you are, it can take a while for sieges to reach you.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 02:41:51 pm »

yeah, but no snatchers even in year 6 may mean they won't show up. What does the C (or c) screen say? The actual war status shouldn't matter, I think
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 04:19:53 am »

So, does that mean you have 300 population?

Yes, 300 dwarfs and I haven't even seen a goblin yet.

yeah, but no snatchers even in year 6 may mean they won't show up. What does the C (or c) screen say? The actual war status shouldn't matter, I think

c screen shows only civilizations I have encountered, meaning no goblins.