Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Co-op/MP game suggestions?  (Read 2237 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Co-op/MP game suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 03:13:01 pm »

Awesomenauts.
It's a casual (but still fun) 2D MOBA, and it has local multiplayer (and of course online multiplayer), and it just so happens to be 3v3, so you could all play splitscreen against another team online.

And it has Youtube celebrity-voiced characters (Skolldir, voiced by Simon from Yogscast, Genji voiced by Jesse Cox, Vinnie and Spike by TotalBiscuit and the most recent Admiral Swiggins, courtesy of Myndflame).

I have over 100 hours put into it.
Also, you might be interested in donating to the on-going kickstarter for a damn epic expansion!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 03:30:10 pm »

Oh jeez, so many replies!

Terrafirma: We've played the crap out of minecraft & mods, looking for something new. But thank you anyway sir!
Terraria: Same as minecraft, but thank you!
Left 4 dead: We've also played a fair deal of this. Thank you sir!
Ghost recon: Hmm, is that a co-op campaign?
Arma: Also played, but they lost interest quickly. Thank you sir!
Cod: Same boat as chivalry I'm afraid- I could get them to play it but not for long; they start droning on about repetition.
Pay day: This looks like fun, but we'd need additional bodies. Thank you!
Castle Crashers: Played the crap out of this. But thank you!
Trine 2: Picked up a few copies on the steam summer sale, might wind up giving it a go!
Magicka: Hmm, looks like good reviews all over the place, might give it a look!
Monaco: Also looks interesting!
Sven: Hrm, is this a free co-op mod for the main games? If so, I think it might be very useful for finally getting them to finish it. Thank ye!
Just Cause: Mmm, I'm hesitant to jump into setting up another mod, but It will certainly be in my head. Thank you!
Awesomenauts: Hmm, might fall into the old repetition trap as well. Is it 100% versus?

Thank you everyone for your time & input!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 03:31:55 pm »

Pay day: This looks like fun, but we'd need additional bodies. Thank you!

If you're coordinated and on voice chat, you can get away with most missions with 3 human players and 1 AI. Not having a 4th basically just makes the missions take longer (which can make them harder to beat depending on difficulty.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 03:37:49 pm »

Sven: Hrm, is this a free co-op mod for the main games? If so, I think it might be very useful for finally

Yep, it's free.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 09:55:43 pm »

Not sure if this fits with "criteria" but I did see they like TF2 and Minecraft. KAG (King Arthur's Gold) is sandbox building, PVP, and multiplayer based.. Some argue it's similar to Terraria, but it's server/round centered so it isn't exactly Co-op. Somewhat repetitive based on the server you're playing on. 

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 10:31:48 pm »

Maybe Space Station 13?
Pages: 1 [2]