Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: One really basic question  (Read 506 times)

ChaosTheory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
One really basic question
« on: April 22, 2007, 06:10:00 pm »

I've run a few searches, here and on the wiki, and didn't find anything.

I was wondering if it's only ever possible to have one active game at a time.  Do multiple worlds allow multiple games?  So if I generate a new world I'll have two, or will the old one get replaced? I know each world can only have one game going (what happens if you stumble upon your active fortress in Adventure mode and go on a killing spree?, etc).  I know I can back-up and delete my data/saves folder, and make a new world and all that, but replacing it is a hassel I'd rather not have to deal with.

quot;Sinister, it''s like diet evil" - Sinnyil

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
Re: One really basic question
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 06:12:00 pm »

You can have any number of worlds on your disc and they will all exist completely independently of one another -- you can have an adventurer in one while you have a fortress in the other.  Obviously, however, you can't crossover between the two.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 06:21:00 pm »

Yet.

ChaosTheory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 06:24:00 pm »

Awesome, thanks.  

Didn't want to risk losing the world I have (1058 and going strong, except for that unfortunate magma incident in 1056 that cost me a fortress (first real fortress, and got bogged down by my crappy, inexperienced planning), it's amazing how many dwarves run towards liquid flaming rock; granted I was trying to get the fortress killed by magmaing the chasm with no traps or military.  Should have just dug to the pits, but I didn't have steel production up yet).

Time for some adventure mode shinanigans!

quot;Sinister, it''s like diet evil" - Sinnyil