Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf won't wake up  (Read 710 times)

MrCactus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf won't wake up
« on: August 28, 2013, 05:59:53 am »

When I was digging out a death pit recently one of my dwarves was crushed in a cave in, he managed to survive and was in the hospital for a year, now he seems to have recovered and has been for a few months but he's still unconscious and doesn't want to wake up or do any jobs, the injuries were breaks in his legs and something in his hand I believe so nothing brain related although it does say his knee is infected, could that be why he's refusing to wake up?

WhimsyWink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf won't wake up
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 08:53:17 am »

I had a dwarf unconscious from a hand injury die right after waking up.  It would not surprise me if they have been starving and de-hydrating the whole time and only die when they wake up.  But I don't remember checking for a report at the time.
Ellipsis free since August 2013.

MrCactus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 09:05:16 am »

He has shown up as thirsty and hungry though while he's unconscious and has been fed and given water by the other dwarves.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 10:08:59 am »

I remember the wiki saying that deconstructing the bed where the dwarf is sleeping will wake him up. Have you tried that?
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

MrCactus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 11:20:38 am »

No, I'll give it a shot, thanks for the help

MrCactus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 12:16:19 pm »