Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfs ainīt butchering  (Read 320 times)

avdpos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarfs ainīt butchering
« on: August 29, 2013, 04:47:31 am »

I have two butvhery problems in my curent fortress.

1. They do not butcher the FBīs I have killed. just leave them dead doing nothing about them. I know that itīs is possible to path there and I have built a new butchery closer by so thatīs not the problem.

2. I have cagetrapped wild animals and set them up for butchering but they ainīt butchered. Why?

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfs ainīt butchering
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 05:56:24 am »

1) Some FBs are not butcherable because your dwarves do not eat glass/steel/steam. Check the material the FB is composed of.
2) Have you freed the animals from the cages? Build the cage to free the animal.

Also, FBs are heavy and can be hauled too slowly, making them unusable for butchering because the meat is too old at the time they reach the butcher's shop.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

avdpos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 06:09:51 am »

1. I havenīt found out how to see the material of a dead FB. But at least one have begun spreading miasm now so I guess itīs some sorrt of organic in him.

2. I have caged the animals in a built cage. Does that effect?

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 06:37:02 am »

I think you have to semi-train wild animals to butcher them alive.  Otherwise just release them and kill them with your military, then the corpse will be butchered.

Corpses really far from the butchers won't be butchered either.  Build a corpse/refuse (I cant remember which off the top of my head, so make it both) stockpile next to the butchers.  They'll haul it to the stockpile then butcher it.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 09:14:05 am »

as mentioned, wild animals can't be set to be butchered the same way tame animals can.

While it's too late for the FB, you can try to set the butcher job manually. I've had some success with that, sometimes they even butcher things that the autobutcher never would have picked up
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.