Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a Stocks manager tool  (Read 628 times)

filipmolnar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looking for a Stocks manager tool
« on: August 24, 2013, 07:03:07 am »

Hello everyone,

is there a tool like Dwarf Therapist, only for stockpiles? That would track what I have in my fortress but as an external program? It would be great if it also had the option to dump/forbid/hide stuff, maybe even track it with exact location.

Is there such a thing?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:20:54 am by filipmolnar »
D_E is a true saint.

mek42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Stocks manager tool
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 07:26:10 am »

We'll be happy to use what you write!  ;-)
"Is that the game with the blinky characters and no pictures?  Maybe you do have Asperger's." - My wife after I mentioned my excitement over the elves bringing by caravan a whole bunch of wood after my deforestation project was neglected due to a near-tantrum spiral and total loss of my initial seven and a bunch of immigrants.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:23:59 am »

The OP was asking if there was one, not saying he/she was going to write one.

DFhack has the added search options into the stockpile and there is a bit of an improved stockpile info when using workflow, but yeah it would be nice to know just how many of a specific type of thing that I have rather than listing every material variant of that object.

I don't know of any utility that can be used for stocks like Dwarf Therapist can for dwarves.

filipmolnar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 09:25:22 am »

We'll be happy to use what you write!  ;-)

Well, it wasn't a demand or anything. I am just asking whether something like that exists.

The in game stocks are really not what you would call user friendly. It would be nice to have some filtering options, like filtering for tattered clothing. Or the option to see if something is inside a burrow or not (that way you could designate an Outside burrow and could see what is outside you fort. Or create a burrow over your weapon stocks and see how much of something you actually have, not everything that the dead traders left outside of your fort.)

The possibilities are endless. If there was such a thing, it would rival Dwaf Therapist in usefulness.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:26:57 am by filipmolnar »
D_E is a true saint.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 09:29:12 am »

I would love to be able to filter by tattered clothing or even set up a stockpile to take tattered clothing only.

Cozmopolit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 10:55:02 am »

I would love to be able to filter by tattered clothing or even set up a stockpile to take tattered clothing only.

Make one Stockpile that only accepts from links - from your Clothier's shop/Leatherworks. New Clothing will go there for pick up.

The other Clothes Stockpile (taking from everywhere) should only be receiving tattered clothing (and goblinite clothing) automatically, as there isn't any other. make it a refuse pile aswell to make them rot away automagically.

Combine with dfhack's cleanowned feature and make your dump a 1-pile refuse storage aswell so that things will rot away there.

Doesn't work perfect but well enough.