Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military dwarves won't wear BOTH boots (also, marksdwarf equipment question)  (Read 432 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I get my military dwarves to wear BOTH of their boots? I saw that a few were wearing both, some only one, and not sure if there were any with no high boots. I made another batch of high boots just in case as I thought that the high boots were manufactured in pairs.

I was in the proccess of having my swordsdwarves remove their armor (set to inactive duty and set inactive uniform to civillian) when it got interrupted by a siege.

Also, how should i equip my marksdwarves? I tried having them with a bunch of stuff, but I kept getting a lot of equpment mismatch errors and so I set them to just leather armor and crossbow.

Edit: Looks like wearing shoes or sandals has something to do with it. Toggling wear over clothing and replace clothing to see if that works.

Edit2: Okay, that works, now lets forbid the shoes and sandals and see if wear over clothes works this time....
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:13:48 pm by smjjames »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile

If you want your dwarves to wear all of their armor, I suggest you set their uniform to replace clothing rather than over clothing.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile

Don't have them wear over clothes if they're metal armored, simply have them wear their armor off duty.

Also, make sure your uniform has 2 boots in it, apparently there's a bug.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got them to wear the boots with the over clothes option, apparently the shoes and sandals were interfering.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Yeah, its hard to wear boots over shoes.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...