Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost Planet 3: Now With More Westernization!  (Read 1079 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Lost Planet 3: Now With More Westernization!
« on: August 23, 2013, 05:34:20 pm »

From the steam page:

The extreme and unpredictable conditions that characterised the Lost Planet series return, harsher than ever before. Lost Planet 3 reveals new truths about the foreboding planet and the colonial history of E.D.N. III.

Lost Planet 3 introduces Jim Peyton, a rig pilot who leaves Earth to take on a hazardous but lucrative contract on E.D.N. III. Working for Neo-Venus Construction (NEVEC) who are preparing the planet for colonisation, Jim joins his fellow pioneers at the Coronis base and begins surveying the uncharted terrain and obtaining samples of the planet’s energy supply – Thermal Energy.

With NEVEC’s existing Thermal Energy reserve running low the fate of the Coronis mission depends on the natural source of the energy supply being located. Realising that this is a great opportunity for a huge pay-off and early ticket home to his family, Jim braves the risk of the treacherous environment and threat of the indigenous Akrid.
Acting as a home away from home and boasting an array of tools that can assist Jim on the field, the utility rig provides Jim’s safety and is essential not only for his contract work but also his protection against the ever-changing climate.

Lost Planet 3 will deliver a diverse range of gameplay including on-foot battles and intense first person action. With a number of multiplayer modes and a compelling single player experience, Lost Planet 3 will delve deeper into the Lost Planet universe, uncovering hidden truths within the unique and dynamic environment of E.D.N. III.

Hardly new news, but since I didn't find any results searching for this I figured I'd start a topic devoted to worship discussion of the latest in this impressive series of games.

First of all, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. Now, we got any other 'Lost Planet' fans out there? who else is excited for this game?
... Also, it's a prequel... right?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Planet 3: Now With More Westernization!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 02:21:47 am »

I greatly enjoyed both iterations of the series. The second more so than the first.
Especially that ubertraintank thing mission. god that was fun.
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 04:50:55 am »

Ooh, Lost Planet. Fun games.

Unfortunately, the splitscreen and the weapon unlock system on the second game sucked. Other than that, both of them were crazy fun. The second moreso when you got all the weapons, of course.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 09:18:15 am »

Ptw
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 09:44:05 am »

Akrid hunt was great back in the days of yore, as far as the second one goes my fondest memory is of the shock-shotgun, which basically stunned a whole bunch of people (along with your average shotgun damage).
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 11:58:30 am »

I hope LP3 is just as bad as LP2 and I mean that in a good way.  My buddies and I had a blast playing LP2 in coop, and laughing at the earnestly goofy plot (Ice pirates, hooooooo!).  It was like a throwback to those Saturday morning GI Joe and what-not cartoons, all cheesy dialogue and action poses and silly plots and oversized weapons, and fun the whole way.  Combat-wise, the game was brilliant at changing things up on you and keeping things interesting.  Some truly epic fights!

If they improve anything I hope its that unnecessarily weird unlock system (irritating to finish the game and only have a fraction of the possible weapons), and less buggy multiplayer support (can't count how many times we had to restart the train fight - thankfully it was a really fun level).
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 02:54:17 pm »

Lost Planet 2 is glorious. I don't understand why people hate it so. ;-; A lot of the people I play with are really bad. You hardly ever see any Hard or Extreme lobbies anymore, namely since I S-ranked the last of the missions. The least fun parts (which are still really fun) are the ones where you have to fight humans. The akrid are just so cool.

EDIT: Also oversized bosses tickle me.