Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lye  (Read 601 times)

Zomg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lye
« on: April 16, 2007, 10:25:00 pm »

So, I decided to play a bit on a treeless badlands map. I thought to myself, "Hey, you can buy lye with points from the pre-fortress screen now. It would be nice to be able to make lye->potash->pearlash for strange mood glass without having to destroy any of my tiny wood supply." So I sunk 55 points into 11 lye, thinking that would take me well past the time when I'd have an indoor forest really going. This left me with one barrel with ten unstacked lye items in it and one barrel with a single lye item.

However, I can't get the "Produce Potash from Lye" job to work at my ashery, getting the old familiar "Needs lye bearing item" cancellation message. I have plenty of fashionable silver buckets on hand, and the lye itself is already in barrels sitting on a food stockpile. None of my buckets or barrels is decorated. I have many free empty barrels.

I know this all seems like an old problem from before the "Produce Potash from Ash" job, but I can't figure out how to exploit purchased lye otherwise.

Zomg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lye
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 10:52:00 pm »

Whoops, I played around slightly more trying to get it to work than I did yesterday, and it seems the part I was missing was that I needed an empty barrel *on a furniture stockpile*, not just available. So, it seems like a good idea to bring lye to treeless maps after all.